Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Any Recent Eagle Lake Reports

Message Subject: Any Recent Eagle Lake Reports
redskeet100
Posted 8/21/2024 2:36 PM (#1030402)
Subject: Any Recent Eagle Lake Reports

Heading up to Eagle this weekend. Staying at North Shore, anybody been up recently and how was the fishing? Anything specific work for you?
willev
Posted 8/22/2024 7:10 AM (#1030407 - in reply to #1030402)
Subject: RE: Any Recent Eagle Lake Reports

https://www.musky360.com/home/c/0/i/82217481/canada-musky-report-aug...

willev
Posted 8/29/2024 2:26 PM (#1030547 - in reply to #1030402)
Subject: RE: Any Recent Eagle Lake Reports

How did you end up doing? I am going up to Eagle 9/10-9/17
Still Casting
Posted 8/30/2024 11:43 AM (#1030576 - in reply to #1030402)
Subject: Re: Any Recent Eagle Lake Reports

Willev

Where are you staying, we are going up the 14th to the 21st, staying at North Shore Lodge.
willev
Posted 8/30/2024 12:33 PM (#1030578 - in reply to #1030576)

Staying at Eagle Lake Island Lodge. This will be our second trip to Canada (2 father/son duos). Last year fished Vermillion Bay and Portage Bay and it was very tough. The weather wasn't stable, and just couldn't establish a pattern. Ended up with only 2 muskies (42, ~30) even with 2 guided days. So looking for all the help we can get haha
muskyaddicts
Posted 8/30/2024 9:47 PM (#1030588 - in reply to #1030402)

I'm curious on reports as well and keeping a keen eye on things. My dad and I will be heading up to Temple Bay lodge the 11-15. We are retracing a trip my grandpa used to take us on each August, and these trips are what truly got me addicted to musky fishing. It's been 15 years since we've fished Eagle lake, and while there are some things about it that are vivid in my mind, many of them aren't as clear anymore.

I'm very curious where water temps are at right now and overall how the "summer patterns" went. I'll be bringing the kitchen sink as far as options go with lures, and we do have a guide booked the first day so that should help cut the curve and get us aimed in the right direction. Overall I'm hoping for solid stable weather, but we don't get to pick how that goes, just got to wait and see.

Something that I love about bigger fishing trips is all of the prep work and scouting, putting a plan together and then seeing how things work out.

Any info on what's going on out there would be really appreciated. And for those fishing around the same time I'll be up there feel free to message me.

Edited by muskyaddicts 8/30/2024 9:48 PM
redskeet100
Posted 9/1/2024 9:49 AM (#1030604 - in reply to #1030402)

Well fishing was pretty tough. High winds, dropping temps, rain and tstorms, you name it and it happened. Apparently the previous 2 weeks were so tough that you could barely raise a fish yet alone catch one. This week followed suit. We raised 20, caught one, and 10 of those we saw in 1 day, so we averaged seeing 2 fish per day outside of that day. The pike were difficult to find if you can believe that. It seemed you had to be on the main lake wind blown side of islands and points to see fish. The main lake reefs didn't seem to show any fish. It was one of those weeks where they would follow, and when you started the figure 8 they for the most part just mosied on past and were never to be seen again. Good luck to those going in the upcoming weeks, it has to turn around at some point, so maybe you guys will time it just right.
muskyaddicts
Posted 9/1/2024 2:54 PM (#1030607 - in reply to #1030604)

Thanks for the report Red. Sorry to hear the action was so difficult for you guys. I had seen weather rolling through up that way and it made me wonder. I imagine that dropped water temps a bit with cool air and rain.

I appreciate you sharing how things went, hopefully you have more musky things planned yet this year and can get some revenge.
Natureboy
Posted 9/3/2024 3:05 AM (#1030627 - in reply to #1030402)

We are heading up to Eagle next week, another 2 father and son duos. Heard fishing has been tough, which is typical Eagle in my opinion and experience. Stayed at temple last couple of years, but back to the main basin and staying at North Shore with Scotty for the first time. Looking forward to it like always. Wouldn't mind meeting up or keeping up with someone from the forum while we are there and sharing stories and tactics! Good luck to those that are up north and to those that will be!
Ricky
muskyaddicts
Posted 9/7/2024 6:09 AM (#1030700 - in reply to #1030627)

I sent you a message.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)