Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> tackle industries xxh question

Message Subject: tackle industries xxh question
esox4130
Posted 4/22/2012 7:58 PM (#554979)
Subject: tackle industries xxh question

Hey guys I just curious if the xxh rod is alot stiffer then the xh rod..I recieved a custom made rod that is supposed to be a xxh tackle industries blank but when compared to my ti xh the xxh in alot softer and broke casting a mag dawg first time using. It even was softer the my st.croix heavy action..It seemed almost like it was soft tipped like a trolling rod.
muskyhunter47
Posted 4/22/2012 8:08 PM (#554981 - in reply to #554979)
Subject: RE: tackle industries xxh question

i have the xxh its for up to 36 oz baits it bends in half throwing the pounder i was afrade it was going to break so having thorn bros build me a good rod for the money ti rods are just ok to me i will never buy another one ill syick with thorn bros rods i use my ti rod for cow girls
shaley
Posted 4/22/2012 8:44 PM (#554999 - in reply to #554981)

No issues with pounders on my XXH....
thrax_johnson
Posted 4/22/2012 8:52 PM (#555002 - in reply to #554979)
Subject: Re: tackle industries xxh question

No issues with my XXH either. Nor my XH's. I load rods hard and fling baits, hard on my gear in general. I've broken other "reputable" rods that were brand new just casting DCG's before. My TI's have been solid as a rock.
muskyjim123
Posted 4/22/2012 9:15 PM (#555009 - in reply to #554979)

I would question if it was made with a xxh ti blank then. Shouldn't be softer than heavy st.croix rod. Owned both st. Croix heavy and ti xxh rods. I have used xxh ti rod for the only 2 pounder I have and threw it fine and never had any problems with double 13 and 15 blades and mag dawgs are definately no problem. Some people say I get what u pay for referencing ti rods but I don't believe they have even tried one personally. The qaulity of james rods compares to top end brands. Just doesn't sound like the blank was a xxh ti blank to me. Weird
Lucky Craft Man
Posted 4/22/2012 11:09 PM (#555032 - in reply to #554979)

There is no way your custom was built on a XXH TI blank. I cast 2 Pounders with my TI XXH with no problems or excess bending of the blank. I sense a refund, because there was an error made somewhere.
MG51
Posted 4/23/2012 5:05 AM (#555038 - in reply to #555032)

Lucky Craft Man - 4/22/2012 11:09 PM

There is no way your custom was built on a XXH TI blank. I cast 2 Pounders with my TI XXH with no problems or excess bending of the blank. I sense a refund, because there was an error made somewhere.

yes because custom rod builders are that incompetent that they wouldnt know which blank theyre building what rod on?? give me a break

I can agree with what he is saying, I built a rod on a TI XH blank and it too feels much softer than the ones I previously owned. Ive casted monster medussas on my old ones just fine but simply putting an 11" curly sue on this rod and it bends like im holding a 30" pike on it. He didnt say anything about it being a bad rod just voicing a concern.
kodiak
Posted 4/23/2012 7:19 AM (#555046 - in reply to #555038)

sounds like you got jipp'd did the builder claim and reassert his claim that it was a xxh blank? i use a monster mag xxxxxxh for ripp'n pounders, i have only use the xxh ti once and it was shaleys...i dont recall it being a noodle like your describing.
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/23/2012 8:28 AM (#555058 - in reply to #554981)

Hi Tom,
I do see you bought an XXH removable handle rod from me about 14 months ago. Please send an email to [email protected] I have a few questions for you on the rod. Just want you to measure a few points on the rod for me. Happy to make you satisfied on the rod. I have not had any other reports like this so I am very interested in getting some additional info from you.
Thanks a lot!
James

muskyhunter47 - 4/22/2012 8:08 PM

i have the xxh its for up to 36 oz baits it bends in half throwing the pounder i was afrade it was going to break so having thorn bros build me a good rod for the money ti rods are just ok to me i will never buy another one ill syick with thorn bros rods i use my ti rod for cow girls
Cam
Posted 4/23/2012 9:05 AM (#555066 - in reply to #554979)

Dont worry whatever the problem is James will always fix it! Great rods and unbeatable customer service!
TheMuskyMan
Posted 4/23/2012 9:18 AM (#555070 - in reply to #554979)

i got a chance to use the xxh yesterday compared to my xh and yes it is alot stiffer and doesnt load up as much when throwing bigger lures in the 10oz range.
curleytail
Posted 4/23/2012 12:25 PM (#555122 - in reply to #554979)

Something seems off. I used an XH last year and used it for everything. It even handled Pounders fairly well. I bought an XXH TI this year. Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but from just handling it, it feels like a pretty stout rod. Certainly not overly slow and soft. Do the blanks the rod builders get have the TI label on them? Almost sounds like it could have accidentally been built on the wrong blank.

Tucker
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/23/2012 1:09 PM (#555140 - in reply to #554979)

Just an FYI but the blanks TI offer are all pulled form the same production runs as the blanks used to build the production MH, XH and XXH models. The rod I see that was purchased was a TI rod not a blank. Only one builder has thsoe blanks right now and just started to build on them so I am 99% sure the rod beign discussed is a TI production rod not a blank... I am sure Tom will contact me by email and fill me in on the specifics for this rod. Happy to post back with any info later.
James
esox4130
Posted 4/23/2012 5:40 PM (#555240 - in reply to #554979)

Thanks for the feedback guys..It was in fact a ti xxh blank. The rod builder is talking care of the problem. It was super soft and would really load with just a mag dawg, something must of been wrong but is being corrected.
Lucky Craft Man
Posted 4/23/2012 9:07 PM (#555300 - in reply to #555038)

All seems to have gone well (see below)
bowhunter29
Posted 4/23/2012 9:10 PM (#555303 - in reply to #554979)

I'm the custom builder that built the rod for Steve. I just wanted to publicly thank him for handling this in such a professional manner. As he mentioned, it was in fact a TI XXH blank. We were not able to determine exactly what caused the damage that made the blank fail (most of the time it can be determined by examining the blank) but we were able to quickly reach an agreement on how to handle the situation and we are both satisfied. We didn't even yell and throw things at each other! Having a customer's rod break is a heartbreaker for me but dealing with guys like Steve is a pleasure.

jeremy
muskyhunter47
Posted 4/26/2012 6:04 PM (#556018 - in reply to #554979)

the rod is a camo one dose that make a difference i wount think it would but who knows what measurements do you need
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/26/2012 8:35 PM (#556044 - in reply to #554979)

Ah, if it is a camo one then the blanks have changed since then. Those rods were my first ones that I made. I have added a few more wraps to each of the blanks since those were made 3 years ago but not much. Maybe 10-15% more.
muskyhunter47
Posted 4/27/2012 1:21 PM (#556188 - in reply to #554979)

Thats good to know so its more like your xh then a xxh just picked up a Thorn Bros Predator XXHevy for my big rubber baits ill use my TI for my smaller ruber witch is fine i have 3 or 4 rods out at any one time one with somthing different on each rod just the way that rod was loading up i did not think it could handel the big stuff
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)