Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> today's angler whit joe bucher

Message Subject: today's angler whit joe bucher
supertrollr
Posted 10/15/2019 12:46 PM (#948313)
Subject: today's angler whit joe bucher

joe bucher what an angler ,a true pioneer for the musky industry .if one guy would deserved to being called mr musky that would be nobody else than him. it was once again another show whit no fish who cares,it was by far the best show of this year so far. i hope lee's will continue ,i really love his show more than the rest. mr bucher would get a lot of reason to get a gigantic ego but it'S really not the case .that's why ive got tons of respect for a simple guy that accomplished a lots.
link to the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZlPF0sF9bM
sworrall
Posted 10/15/2019 3:21 PM (#948321 - in reply to #948313)
Subject: Re: today's angler whit joe bucher

Joe's a great guy and a really good multi-species angler. We started in the business at the same time, Joe heading to tackle, guiding, and TV, and I went to guiding and the marine industry as sales management/marketing and then the web media business.
North of 8
Posted 10/15/2019 3:45 PM (#948322 - in reply to #948321)

sworrall - 10/15/2019 3:21 PM

Joe's a great guy and a really good multi-species angler. We started in the business at the same time, Joe heading to tackle, guiding, and TV, and I went to guiding and the marine industry as sales management/marketing and then the web media business.

The outdoors writer for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel recently did a story on Joe Bucher, his history in fishing, love of music. He is planning on selling his place in the Eagle River area and wintering down South, returning in the spring to fish, produce shows. It was interesting reading how young he was when he first got stories about bass fishing published. He has been at it for a long time.
supertrollr
Posted 10/15/2019 8:18 PM (#948340 - in reply to #948322)

during the time a 38 caliber was considered like a net.like he said there was a lot of new things .right now it's kind of boring ,we have seen everything since years. no game changer since dawg and dc10.just micro change of lures that have been already made.i didn't know the connection of raider lures and darth vaders ,and i didn'T know that he was the kreator of musky hunter. really cool show,whit good questions
R/T
Posted 10/16/2019 8:58 AM (#948360 - in reply to #948313)

Watched this last night. Very interesting. Caught my PB on a Top Raider. I do think he makes quality lures.

Of more interest to me is the stories of the old days. First time I remember being in Boulder Junction was as a kid and I believe the year was 1977. The top fish in the Marathon the year before was a 46 lber out of Boulder Lake if I have the years right as there was a pic of the guy and the fish in the Vilas County marketing material. I can still see that pic in my head. Unable to find it online. I bring this up because Joe also stated that there were more big fish back then and I have heard this before. Blows me away. I did find a research paper available on line for a fee titled "Trends in Northern Wisconsin Muskellunge Fishery: Results from a Countywide Contest" by S.J Gilbert and G.G. Bass. I have not purchased this for reading at this time but am wondering if this paper bears out the more big fish back in the day stuff. I know Mr. Rizzo felt there were more big fish in the 50s thru the 70s as well
undersized
Posted 10/16/2019 12:31 PM (#948371 - in reply to #948360)

R/T - 10/16/2019 8:58 AM

Watched this last night. Very interesting. Caught my PB on a Top Raider. I do think he makes quality lures.

Of more interest to me is the stories of the old days. First time I remember being in Boulder Junction was as a kid and I believe the year was 1977. The top fish in the Marathon the year before was a 46 lber out of Boulder Lake if I have the years right as there was a pic of the guy and the fish in the Vilas County marketing material. I can still see that pic in my head. Unable to find it online. I bring this up because Joe also stated that there were more big fish back then and I have heard this before. Blows me away. I did find a research paper available on line for a fee titled "Trends in Northern Wisconsin Muskellunge Fishery: Results from a Countywide Contest" by S.J Gilbert and G.G. Bass. I have not purchased this for reading at this time but am wondering if this paper bears out the more big fish back in the day stuff. I know Mr. Rizzo felt there were more big fish in the 50s thru the 70s as well

Of course there used to be more big fish because people didn't fish for them. Starting after WWII when people had more money and more leisure time, organized fishing pressure increased...and from the 40s until the 90s people kept pretty much every legal fish. 50 years of harvest! It's taken a long #*^@ time to recover even a portion of what was lost in size structure.
supertrollr
Posted 10/16/2019 1:40 PM (#948375 - in reply to #948371)

imo both pov could look true. there was less anglers ,less good lures during the 60's but they were all killed,they can't grow really big if they all get killed.
supertrollr
Posted 10/16/2019 1:43 PM (#948376 - in reply to #948313)

sworall i was not even born during that time.did you remember when these cranks have been created jake,believer ,grandma,cisco kid ?
esoxaddict
Posted 10/16/2019 5:27 PM (#948385 - in reply to #948313)

I wonder if all that harvest altered the genetic makeup of the fish. The reason I wonder about that is we've basically been releasing them for 30 years. Seems like the size structure would have recovered by now if it was ever going to. Maybe delayed mortality is more of a factor than we think?
vegas492
Posted 10/16/2019 9:58 PM (#948400 - in reply to #948313)

Regarding Joe....when I was younger and north a whole lot more, Joe would walk into a bar and talk muskies with anyone who showed an interest. Had many an interesting conversation with him, just like he was any other guy. Much respect for that man and how he treats people.
ToddM
Posted 10/17/2019 11:06 PM (#948470 - in reply to #948313)

Quite a few years ago I stopped off at the gander mountain in Sheboygan after fishing up north. I ran into someone from this site and Bucher happened to have finished up a seminar. Joe walked up to us and just started shooting the #*#* like he knew us. Very personable. One of our best memories at out club is when we had Joe speak, then play music afterwards. We still talk about it.
Mark Hoerich
Posted 10/18/2019 8:30 AM (#948484 - in reply to #948470)

Todd, that was still the best meeting I've ever been to. Epic, as the kids like to say.

Joe's a great guy, I wish him nothing but the best.
supertrollr
Posted 10/18/2019 2:26 PM (#948493 - in reply to #948313)

i didn't know he was the creator of musky hunter
bpsully
Posted 10/19/2019 8:08 PM (#948548 - in reply to #948313)

Any ideas on where to find the Plano box he sport'n at the 6 minute mark?

Can't find anything on the Plano site..

Thanks and Thanks for posting the vid!
supertrollr
Posted 10/20/2019 7:53 AM (#948552 - in reply to #948313)

i also would like to know.maybe a prototype ?
supertrollr
Posted 11/2/2019 10:22 AM (#949317 - in reply to #948548)

bpsully - 10/19/2019 8:08 PM

Any ideas on where to find the Plano box he sport'n at the 6 minute mark?

Can't find anything on the Plano site..

Thanks and Thanks for posting the vid!

who could answer that ? im still waiting for an answer from plano since more than a week
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)