Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: 'I find it awkward trying to undo my belt buckle and pull my pants down inside my rain suit.' Why man invented zippers in pants.
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> Speakers for musky club; need ideas

Message Subject: Speakers for musky club; need ideas
MuskieE
Posted 11/26/2006 2:39 PM (#222338)
Subject: Speakers for musky club; need ideas

Anybody have idea's for speakers for a musky club.Looking to keep upto date on speakers who's out there thats good with new info??
Jomusky
Posted 11/26/2006 9:51 PM (#222384 - in reply to #222338)
Subject: RE: Speakers for musky club; need ideas

I will keep an eye on this post too as the C & R Musky Club is always looking for a good speaker.

E.....I am willing to put on my Techniques for Catch, Release and Safety with a Powerpoint at no charge for Winnebagoland. If any other club would be interested, please contact me and we can discuss it. I started presenting this material to the C&R club a few years ago and last year I added the powerpoint for my seminar at Musky Magic. It is my contribution to help inexperienced fishermen shorten the learning curve and hopefully it will result in the survival of more released fish. After all what is the sense of letting a musky go if it wasn't handled properly and it dies anyways. Don't get me wrong, there may be an idea or two for the musky finatic too.
sworrall
Posted 11/27/2006 7:46 AM (#222400 - in reply to #222384)

Norm Wild does a great job. Justin Gaiche has a good presentation as well.
mikie
Posted 11/27/2006 7:57 AM (#222402 - in reply to #222338)

I understand Gregg Thomas has a great presentation about using boat electronics more effectively. I have not yet seen his talk, but I heard it will be part of the winter clinics he and Tony are giving.
Some topic like this may be of greater interest than your typical speaker showing photos of big fish and the baits used to catch them. just a thought. m
Donnie3737
Posted 11/27/2006 10:27 AM (#222422 - in reply to #222338)

Steve Worrall is obviously being a little humble....his information is an awesome presentation to sit through. He is a class act, and can make you think ALOT about ALOT of different things related to muskie fishing!

So, if Steve has the time, he's a good pick!

Donnie
sworrall
Posted 11/27/2006 11:29 AM (#222427 - in reply to #222422)

Donnie is also being humble. He has one of the best presentations out there, as mentioned in the other 'speaker' thread on the board now.
ToddM
Posted 11/27/2006 8:54 PM (#222489 - in reply to #222338)

Here is a list off the top of my head, in no particular order and not complete that I have seen that do a great job.

Steve Worrall
Steve Cady
Donnie Hunt
Tony Grant
Thad Hinshaw
Jim Saric
Steve Heiting
Patricia Strutz
Tom Gelb
Pete Stoltman
Pete Maina
Chad Cain
Ty Sennett
Jack Burns
Dick Pearson
Scott Jenkins
Chae Dolsen
Duane Landmeier
Gregg Thomas
Bruce Becker
Tanner Wildes
Steve Jonesi
Joe Bucher
Rich Gallagher
Phil Gutman
Jurios Ozuls
Dennis Radloff

Edited by ToddM 12/1/2006 4:01 PM
happy hooker
Posted 11/28/2006 6:05 AM (#222508 - in reply to #222338)

A name that alot of people are not familiar with is 'Lance Christiansen" Lance is a field pro for pure fishing-Abu Garcia.Lance finishes in the money in just about every tourney he enters,,Ive been to alot of shows in several states and I have to say that Ive heard Lance about a dozen times and EVERY time he jas something fresh and you learn something new

Dave Dorrazio is one of the best and entertaining speakers out there and does a great segment on using and tuning suicks which is a pretty cheap bait nowadays compared to most,

Jurios Ozuls of the Twin Citys chaper is the person who takes and selects alot of the beutiful photographs for the Muskies inc calender and Magazine,,he does agreat seminar on taking pictures, framing,sun,equipment,technique,,this is a very usefull seminar to everyone has they all take pictures of the fish they catch
jonnysled
Posted 11/28/2006 6:29 AM (#222509 - in reply to #222338)

lasy year i heard Phil Schweik and Paul Klein (sp?) and it was worth the time to hear what they both had to say.
greenduck
Posted 11/28/2006 4:22 PM (#222565 - in reply to #222338)

Here is some different names. I'm always amazed at some of the very best fisherman go unnoticed. Guys who have photo albums with hundreds if not thousands of photos and are not part of any club, tournament circuit, guide association, muskies inc. etc. One example is Joel Wick. I believe that hands down he is the most talented custom bait maker out there. His lures are of the absolute highest quality and have been catching tons of nice big fish the past 10 years. One of his baits was freaky good on Vermillion this year. A living "Frenchy" and yes I know how big those shoes are. Joel is also an extemely good fishemen both musky and steelhead. Joel's number of 50" fish and topwater expertise is amazing. He also has a lot of very uncoventional things to say about topwaters in general. There are many so called rules that haven't applied to his success at all. I had to chucke at a story about Joel and one of his fishing partners running into one of the musky worlds biggest names on the way into LOTW this year. This magazine guy told him "yeah, you can sometimes get those fish to hit even on top in the middle of the day. REALLY? No kidding! This is after years of looking at hundreds of photos of bluebird days, topwaters, and big fish. Heavy chop and subtle topwaters? Hasn't stopped him at all. LOTS of misconceptions about what supposedly won't or will work on top. I have also never seen a mind quite like Joel's. He takes almost everthing to a very in-depth and extremely detailed limit. Joel has caught 50" class fish on LOTW, Vermilion, Eagle, Three Lakes, and Green Bay. He can talk for hours on just one piece of structure on one lake and what it all involves. There are a few quality bait makers who seem to really understand these fish and how baits and techniques can trigger fish. This is why I would also mention Ryan Jinkerson. I have only spoken to him once but his photo album spoke volumes. Numerous big fish. I'd love to see him speak not about bait making but rather fishing. I'd bet people would be surprised. The last name is Jason Schillinger. I've never met him but have learned some things from his posts on the message boards. One look at his photos show that he isn't full of bull either. I like to hear from people with different approaches. We all know how important it is to keep an open mind about skis. Quite frankly I'm a bit tired of seeing the same guys talk all the time. I swear at the Milw. Musky show they've had the same five guys presenting every year. This isn't to say they aren't good at what they do but people must know there are hundreds of virtually anonymous good musky angler out there.
muskie! nut
Posted 11/28/2006 9:57 PM (#222619 - in reply to #222338)

Hi all, I have a list (as complete as I can get) of all the speakers the Capital City Chapter of Muskies, Inc has since Jan 1988 in either MSExcel, MSWord, or PDF format. I would be happy to email it to any that would that requests it. Make sure you let me know what format you'd like as well and have your complete name on the email.

Email me at gerardh(at)charter.net or find a link under officers at www.capitalcitymuskiesinc.org

Gerard

Edited by muskie! nut 11/28/2006 9:58 PM
Perfect Drift
Posted 11/29/2006 5:14 PM (#222737 - in reply to #222338)

We had Scott Hassett last night from the DNR at our chapter 35 meeting.Lots of good stuff.I,d like to get some bioligst from the DNR.But some of the other ideas would be Frabill or some of the other manufactures out there...
Shep
Posted 11/30/2006 8:41 AM (#222851 - in reply to #222737)

I've been encouraging the Extreme One to develope a seminar. One of the best sticks I know for breaking down new water, I think he'd make an excellent speaker, especially on that topic. C'mon Mike, if I can do it, I know you can! Let's get together, and get your presentation together!

Mike's biggest issue is during the snow months, it's hard for him to travel, lest he leave some people stranded in the snowbank!
ToddM
Posted 11/30/2006 8:05 PM (#222990 - in reply to #222338)

Shep, I asked the Extreme One last year to do a seminar. I will continue to bug him. He can even drive the snowplow down to us.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)