Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> THEFT!!!!

Message Subject: THEFT!!!!
cpaetzel
Posted 9/4/2005 11:12 AM (#158448)
Subject: THEFT!!!!

so i was getting the boat ready to fish in the morning i put my 2 boxes with about 90 baits and about 12 of my rod and reels in the boat. when i wake up every thing is gone!! over 2,500 dollars worth of gear is all gone. I have nothing now, half to start all over again! im keepin my eyes open on ebay!!!!!!!!
bigbrit
Posted 9/4/2005 12:26 PM (#158451 - in reply to #158448)
Subject: RE: THEFT!!!!

sorry to hear about the theft
greenduck
Posted 9/4/2005 1:37 PM (#158455 - in reply to #158448)

Sorry to hear about your stuff. Shoot me an email if this was in the Three Lakes/Eagle River area. Thanks, Bill
Ty Sennett
Posted 9/5/2005 8:07 AM (#158498 - in reply to #158448)

Sorry to hear about that. Hope your insurance covers the theft. Not a good start to a days fishing.

Ty
Beaver
Posted 9/5/2005 9:56 AM (#158502 - in reply to #158448)

First of all, sorry about what happened.
Secondly, I talked to my insurance agent about what would happen in the event that something like that would happen to me? He told me that I needed photographic proof along with receits for any stolen fishing items. When I explained to him that I had one box with over 70 lures that I made, he told me that the company would pay "yard sale price" for the lures......about $5 maximum.
I asked about HR's, with some of them limited edition with a cost of $70. He asked why I would have "collectable items" in my boat to begin with.
Even with photos, they don't pay crap because they figure that you can take a picture of some of your friend's tackle and claim it as your own.
I don't know of anybody who has ever gotten a decent settlement for stolen tackle from their insurance company. I hope that you get a fair shake for all that was lost.
Good luck,
Beav
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/5/2005 11:39 AM (#158510 - in reply to #158502)

Great point Beaver.

I recently took a inventory of all my rods, reels, baits and all other equipment I have for my boat. I also did it for my guns and other household equipment. It takes a while but could be very usefull. Disasters can happen anywhere.

Pictures and computer printed lists are stored in my fire proof safe. If anything happens I will be able to prove what I have. This will not replace what was lost, burned, stolen, etc.......

Its just a starting point, but at lease its something I can use in case of a bad situation.

How many of you have records in case of a serious situation? Not many I would guess. Do it and put the info somewhere where it will be safe in case of fire or theft. A computer is not the answer, it could crash or burn in a fire. Protect your self and you stuff.

saint1
Posted 9/5/2005 2:21 PM (#158522 - in reply to #158448)

Theft is a horrible thing to have happen in a sport that relies on the honor system. Send me a private message and i can donate a few baits out of my collection to help you out during the interim.

Hook'em hard

SAINT1
John23
Posted 9/6/2005 9:09 AM (#158597 - in reply to #158502)

I got a nice settlement for a tackle box and a few rods that were stolen from me a few years ago. I gave my agent a list of the items and their retail values ... and he wrote a check without any further questions. I was with Allstate when the break-in happened and am now with State Farm and my new agent assures me I am covered for full replacement value for all my fishing and hunting equip. Requiring receipts is ridiculous and doesn't show "replacement value" in any case. Beaver, it sounds like you need a new agent.

John
2Rodknocker
Posted 9/6/2005 10:31 AM (#158605 - in reply to #158597)

Beaver,
I would show your agent this post and let him know how you expect to be treated. These insurance companies just take and take and then drag their heels when it's time to pay out! Not fair!
Sorry to hear about the theft Cpaetzel.
Rod

Edited by 2Rodknocker 9/6/2005 1:41 PM
yeti762
Posted 9/6/2005 4:55 PM (#158651 - in reply to #158448)

sorry to hear about the theft. I have a bunch of baits for sale on the swap board. If there are any you want send me an email and I will make you a KILLER deal. I would rather see someone get them that will use them than give them away on ebay. I also have a cpl of rods and a reel.
esoxaddict
Posted 9/6/2005 5:03 PM (#158654 - in reply to #158448)

Man, how could you steal someone else's fishing stuff?

That's about as low as it gets, stealing somebody's musky stuff.

Sorry to hear that, man. Watch Ebay is all I can say.
Posted 9/6/2005 11:28 PM (#158717 - in reply to #158448)

Had the same thing happen a few yrs back--keep in good touch w/ the local law, watch re-sale places, talk to your local collectors, baitstores, buddies-- getting the word out on the street is key. They just might turn up--mine did!!
Musky stuff is very hard to move I'm sure--tight group. Good luck.
Don Pfeiffer
Posted 9/11/2005 8:30 PM (#159167 - in reply to #158448)

hi,
Had all my stuff stolen in may. about $7,000 worth. Agent says because I fish tournaments for money I am not coverd under my homeowners. Should have been as a business, that with Pekin in. I am still in debate with them. I'd like to know what company you had that cut you a check rightaway. Gee we pay premiums up front only to get in the backside.
I lost everything!!!!!!!!!! If anyone has any bangos they want to sell please let me know.

Pfeiff
xllund
Posted 9/12/2005 5:56 AM (#159186 - in reply to #158448)

I got ripped off a couple of years ago. Phoned my insurance agent just as soon as I got back home and he put in the claim right away, and I got a check within two days. State Farm insurance is what I have.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)