Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> The Turtle Flambeau Flowage Musky guides

Message Subject: The Turtle Flambeau Flowage Musky guides
muskyfishing89
Posted 1/5/2016 7:48 PM (#798268)
Subject: The Turtle Flambeau Flowage Musky guides

Who is the best Musky guide on this lake? Who knows it the best?

Edited by muskyfishing89 1/5/2016 8:05 PM
Musky Brian
Posted 1/6/2016 7:50 AM (#798318 - in reply to #798268)
Subject: RE: The Turtle Flambeau Flowage Musky guides

Brian Long
BNelson
Posted 1/6/2016 8:38 AM (#798327 - in reply to #798318)
Subject: Re: The Turtle Flambeau Flowage Musky guides

ditto ^
North of 8
Posted 1/6/2016 10:54 AM (#798351 - in reply to #798327)

I don't live that far from the Turtle Flambeau but have been reluctant to try fishing there based on comments of a former co-worker who has a cottage there. She remarked on how there are lot of stumps, etc., that can create a real hazard when water is lower.
Anyone have any experience fishing the flowage?
MD75
Posted 1/6/2016 11:04 AM (#798352 - in reply to #798268)

Muskyfishing89: Fished with Brian Long two year's ago on the flowage. Great experience and he put us on fish...

North of 8: There are a lot of hazards, but if you get a map and take it slow you should be o.k...we stayed in the area around Springstead landing and found fish. Might be tough if you had to navigate back from some areas in the dark.
North of 8
Posted 1/6/2016 11:43 AM (#798364 - in reply to #798352)

Thanks, appreciate the information. My former colleague commented that when they took their pontoon out for an evening cocktail cruise, they were very careful about their route so that they could return safely if they were out too late. She said the biggest problem was her husband and son would get so focused on trying to catch fish, they sometimes hit stumps they knew were there but were not paying attention and more than once got the fishing boat stuck on a stump.
ToddM
Posted 1/6/2016 11:52 AM (#798365 - in reply to #798268)

Always be looking. I was running an area I thought I knew and ran right past a giant stump. All the stumps are giants. There can be quite a few floating logs too at times. Beautiful body of water and a great lake for walleye and smallmouth besides musky. If you have kids they will love the action the hammer handle northerns can bring.
WiscoMusky
Posted 1/11/2016 8:21 PM (#799122 - in reply to #798268)

I would also highly recommend Ben Michlig. I've fished with Ben a handful of times and he always has put me on fish. He's got a lot of knowledge on that water as well. very nice guy and will teach you a lot about that flowage
Posted 1/12/2016 11:49 AM (#799192 - in reply to #799122)

Red beard Jerry Hartigan.He owns a bait shop there as well...07
schleprock82
Posted 1/18/2016 10:07 PM (#800291 - in reply to #798268)

Try John Kleczewski of Lake X guide service. John guided several of our customers on nice fish this year. Fun to fish with and very informative. He can also help to show you around the flowage.
Yes the flowage has several stumps and rock bars but that is what makes it such a good body of water to fish. We had 61 muskies boated by our guests and customers last season. I know of several more that were caught but they did not want their names on the muskie board. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at the resort.

Marv
Donner's Bay Resort
blackhawk
Posted 1/21/2016 8:58 AM (#800615 - in reply to #798268)

What's boat traffic like mid to late summer? We fish the chip that time of year but I think I have the girlfriend talked in to fishing the turtle. She loves the Hayward area And always kick my butt fishing the chip
Flambeauski
Posted 1/21/2016 10:19 AM (#800630 - in reply to #798268)

To the OP, Brian Long knows it the best.

Other than the walleye opener traffic is NEVER an issue on The Flowage.
AndrewR
Posted 1/24/2016 11:57 PM (#801085 - in reply to #800615)

blackhawk - 1/21/2016 8:58 AM

What's boat traffic like mid to late summer? We fish the chip that time of year but I think I have the girlfriend talked in to fishing the turtle. She loves the Hayward area And always kick my butt fishing the chip

Mid summer weekends like July can turn into "Fox Chain North" with folks attempting to tube and jetski thru submerged stumpfields and rockbars. I like to anchor and watch them if the bass fishing is slow.

I like to avoid fishing TFF on weekends if I can because the major landings, Springstead and Fishermans, can get busy and crowded (crazy but not like July 4th or memorial day crazy). Also if you're into camping the designated islands and grounds are on a first-come-first-serve basis so the prime spots can be harder to come by.

For an enjoyable experience midweek is good, and end of summer thru August is much much lesser traffic and can be awesome.
blackhawk
Posted 1/25/2016 7:44 PM (#801169 - in reply to #798268)

Thanks, for the input we will be staying at a resort if we go.We pound the water pretty hard all day so a burgers and beers at night are the ticket.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)