Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ranger Trail Trailer

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ranger Trail Trailer
Mario Nanna
Posted 9/26/2010 6:57 PM (#460879)
Subject: Ranger Trail Trailer

Looking for some help. I recently got into a car accident and totalled my Ranger trailer. I own a 2008 620. I am looking for anyone who has or know of someone who has a used trailer for sale. As I am finding out these are nearly impossible to find. If I order a new one I am done for the season and out a considerable amount of money. Thank you in advance for your help!

If anyone can help please email or call me at
[email protected]
920-371-6543
Cowboyhannah
Posted 9/26/2010 8:55 PM (#460899 - in reply to #460879)
Subject: Re: Ranger Trail Trailer

What does the insurance company say? If you have trailer insured, it should be covered. Happened to me and insurance company could not find used so wound up with new.

Edited by Cowboyhannah 9/26/2010 8:57 PM
Mario Nanna
Posted 9/26/2010 9:05 PM (#460902 - in reply to #460879)
Subject: RE: Ranger Trail Trailer

Insurance company says they will buy me a new one. Unfortunately when my insurance was setup they only gave me $5k coverage on the trailer. New Ranger Trail Trailer is $7200 plus freight to ship to WI, not to mention 8 weeks for delivery. Looking at any other option I have that won't cost me the additional $3k out of pocket and get me back on the water faster so I can salvage as many trips as possible.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 9/26/2010 9:33 PM (#460904 - in reply to #460902)

When you setup your insurance, did you give them the $5,000 figure or did they assign that amount to the trailer?

If you didn't give the insurance company the $5,000 figure, I'd be calling bs on the insurance company and demanding they pay for it to. It's not your fault if they only valued the trailer at $5,000.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 9/26/2010 9:39 PM (#460906 - in reply to #460879)

Same thing happened to me. I checked into it and found my motor was OVER insured by the same amount my trailer was UNDER insured. In other words, I was paying premiums on the correct total value of the rig trailer/boat/motor, but the trailer and motor were not divided up properly. The adjuster was NO help, so I climbed the ladder until I got to the president of the insurance company and explained the situation. He said, "so you've been paying premiums on the correct amount for the total of the rig, why don't we just readjust the values and get you a new trailer?" I said, "Exactly!". He asked that I have the dealer fax over the values for the individual units (bought new) so they could document the values of the units and properly readjust the policy. Took a couple months to get done, but the effort was worth the time.

Edited by Cowboyhannah 9/26/2010 9:43 PM
sworrall
Posted 9/27/2010 11:36 AM (#460961 - in reply to #460879)

They should, yes.
Southshore
Posted 9/28/2010 2:18 PM (#461192 - in reply to #460961)

T J
It is your fault if you bought the policy and under insured your trailer.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 9/28/2010 4:16 PM (#461229 - in reply to #461192)

Southshore, hence why I asked him did he give them the figure of $5,000 or did they assign that value? Reread what Cowboyhannah did. A good insurance agent will ask how much you paid for the boat, insure it for that, or more if you choose. As long as he's paying a premium for the cost of the boat package, then there is no reason he shouldn't get the trailer covered.

It's not his fault if they under assigned the value of the trailer.
sworrall
Posted 9/28/2010 4:21 PM (#461233 - in reply to #460879)

The issue may be the trailer is insured at $5K because that is what it cost in 2008. The new model is a 2011.
Mario Nanna
Posted 9/28/2010 6:58 PM (#461260 - in reply to #460879)

All valid points and good information. I didn't give the value of $5k for the trailer. I had $50k worth of coverage between the boat and the trailer. This is exactly what I paid for the boat when I purchased it 2 years ago. I'm not sure how the insurance company decided which amount went to the boat/motor and what went to the trailer. My guess is they went with 10% of the package value was for the trailer. I called the insurance company and they are only going to make good on the amout of coverage I had on the trailer ($5k). Good news is since it was a total they waive my deductible (seems weird but whatever). Bad news is no trailer for the rest of the year and no way to transport my boat anywhere to have the rub rail replaced and the gel coat inspected. I appreciate your tips and again if you come accross someone or see one by chance sitting in a boat yard let me know.
Thanks
Mario
Cowboyhannah
Posted 9/28/2010 9:44 PM (#461301 - in reply to #460879)

Mario,
What model boat, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
jakejusa
Posted 10/5/2010 12:28 PM (#462204 - in reply to #460879)

My son wrecked one of our trailers and we had assigned values. The insurance company was telling me they had all sorts of used trailers that fit the Javlin. I called everyone of them only to find out that none of the listings had the trailers they were doing a bait & switch. I didn't care exactly if I had a Javlin trailer and took care of it by going to another brand. In this case you want to stay with a Range trail trailer I would go to the Ranger dealer, get the name & number of the Ranger Rep & give him/her a call. You might be surprised what a good rep can get done for you.
K Gone unlogged
Posted 10/7/2010 1:07 PM (#462393 - in reply to #460879)

Unfortunatly same thing happened to me. My trailer for my 08 621 got stolen at a ramp in Cleveland last november, replacement value for the 2010 trailer was the same as what your talking about, my policy had the trailer value at 6K though since this took place last november, when my policy renewed now it's only worth 5500. The only way to get full replacement value is get a 100% full replacement policy not agreed value policy. Sucks man since Ranger trailers are custom to the boat. I did see a 620 for sale at one point in time on Craigslist, a guy that ran across it thought it was my stolen trailer for sale but it was a different color. Sucks to be in this situation. I blew a entire commission check just to get a trailer back under my boat it sat at a boat dock on a river in cleveland, pulled it out december 5th still night fished a few times a week though. My dealer got one in 4 weeks, Ranger built it in 2 but they had to wait for a truck going to my dealer, my dealer sells alot of Rangers so that didn't take long.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)