Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Frabill conservation series net tangle free?

Message Subject: Frabill conservation series net tangle free?
Landry
Posted 7/20/2013 9:45 AM (#652764)
Subject: Frabill conservation series net tangle free?

I have the big stowmaster and it tangles lures real bad plus is awkward to deploy quickly if I don't leave it set up fully, (I have a 16' boat). It saves room while travelling but the folding feature does no good while fishing, for me anyways.
Was thinking of switching to a 32x41 power catch or conservation but I want the most tangle free mesh. I also like how easy the frabills are to deploy. Any opinions or advice for me.
Thanks
Landry
wicked
Posted 7/20/2013 10:10 PM (#652837 - in reply to #652764)
Subject: Re: Frabill conservation series net tangle free?

Not sure about the conservation series but the powercatch big game is awesome. Netting is the knotless tangle free like the big kahuna.
BenR
Posted 7/20/2013 10:41 PM (#652845 - in reply to #652764)

I use the conservation series, I tend to fish solo. The net is easy to handle, it has knotless tangle free net and I have not had any issues with fishing getting tangles. The netting is a lighter material than the standard big game nets. I am sure either one would be fine.BR
Landry
Posted 7/20/2013 11:02 PM (#652846 - in reply to #652845)

Does the conservation net have same frame and hoop.? And - does the netting seem like it will last and hold up to big fish?
Thanks again
Landry
BenR
Posted 7/20/2013 11:11 PM (#652847 - in reply to #652764)

I don't have the big game power catch model, so I am not sure if it is the same. I am guessing the handle and yoke are the same, perhaps the hoop, and only the netting is different. I have not used it on a super large fish yet, but will be taking it with me on trips to MN and Canada and am not at all worried about it. I believe it to be durable and up to the task. BR
Landry
Posted 7/21/2013 7:31 AM (#652861 - in reply to #652764)

Thanks BenR
fastcast2
Posted 7/21/2013 4:56 PM (#652910 - in reply to #652861)

I have a new Frabil power stow with conservation bag on it and I had a 50" class fish go right thru it.I am back to my Stowmaster net,which has a better light weight net on it.I am going to put the stowmaster replacement net on my Frabil frame as it deploys easier and see how that works.Frabil is standing behind there net and will be sending me a new one when they get them in stock again.
jeff
BenR
Posted 7/21/2013 5:14 PM (#652913 - in reply to #652764)

Be curious how this took place and to see pictures. I can see having damaged the net cutting hooks. Problem with all nets, but outside of that, how would a fish slide through? Had to be a skinny fish, the nets holes are pretty small. BR
fastcast2
Posted 7/21/2013 7:07 PM (#652922 - in reply to #652913)

it tore a 10" hole in the net bag.The material is not strong enough for muskies.The hook was out of the fish and net and I was trying to get a hold of the fish and it took off under the boat and ripped the bag open.It was a brand new net that hadn't been used.I had the same thing happen with the first stowmaster light weight nets.
jeff
BenR
Posted 7/21/2013 7:34 PM (#652924 - in reply to #652922)

fastcast2 - 7/21/2013 7:07 PM

it tore a 10" hole in the net bag.The material is not strong enough for muskies.The hook was out of the fish and net and I was trying to get a hold of the fish and it took off under the boat and ripped the bag open.It was a brand new net that hadn't been used.I had the same thing happen with the first stowmaster light weight nets.
jeff

I find this really hard to believe.Seriously would love to see pics and no doubt frabil would want to know. I have always used Beckmann prior too this net and even though I have not put a "50" is this net, no way do I think one can "bust" through it. What did frabil say?
fastcast2
Posted 7/21/2013 7:47 PM (#652927 - in reply to #652924)

here is a picture of hole in net

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(net_018[1].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments net_018[1].JPG (191KB - 338 downloads)
BenR
Posted 7/21/2013 7:53 PM (#652929 - in reply to #652764)

What did frabil say? I have put quite fish in the net, that must be a factory error. Hard to say, just looks like it was cut. I reached out to frabil, as this is concerning. BR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)