Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: We will know what a Muskie is thinking when one gets around to telling us
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Floating Rattle Traps

Message Subject: Floating Rattle Traps
Stan Durst 1
Posted 5/10/2011 10:14 AM (#497686)
Subject: Floating Rattle Traps

I have been asked by many people about Floating Rattle Traps. Just checking to see if there is still interest in them.
I am working on a project that will give me access to a lot of new stuff.
Am almost all caught up and next Month after Vacation, I will be working on some color ideas that have been giving me brain farts.
MRichardson
Posted 5/10/2011 11:26 AM (#497692 - in reply to #497686)
Subject: RE: Floating Rattle Traps

You crack me up Stan, “color ideas that have been giving me brain farts” Please elaborate, are these brain farts good?  How does a brain fart feel?  Or taste or smell for that matter?  But I guess most importantly, what color is it and does it catch fish?
Stan Durst 1
Posted 5/10/2011 1:05 PM (#497707 - in reply to #497692)
Subject: RE: Floating Rattle Traps

You know me Mike, Gotta keep a little humor with it..
Don't know about any one else whom may or not have "brain Farts" like I do, But with me, if the brain gets an idea for a new color combo, it just won't let me rest til I get on it and play with the idea. The brain will pound me with combo paint dreams in my sleep until I "Get-R-Done".
Now just where do you think most of my custom patterns come from? Gotta admit that a few were just an accident but most of them started with brain farts, including a couple that I am doing for you on the Choppers.
They don't have a taste or smell but they sure do feel good when completed and are looking good.
I would have to say that about 98 % of the colors I have done from brain farts have indeed caught fish.
So there you have it in a nut shell Mike. But what ever you do, don't tell anyone that painting from brain farts is my secret method.
The rest of you guys out there didn't see this "Highly Classified" message to Mike.
Just use his MDR Choppers and you will see what a brain fart can do.
Good day to all,
Stan
ShutUpNFish
Posted 5/10/2011 1:27 PM (#497714 - in reply to #497686)
Subject: Re: Floating Rattle Traps

Are you selling Big Muskie Rattle traps Stan? How big are they...and do you have blanks? Thanks.
Stan Durst 1
Posted 5/10/2011 1:40 PM (#497719 - in reply to #497714)

Hey Paul,
I had a gentleman, whom is a Pro- Bass fisherman from TN. and is sponsored by the Clarion Inns and the Rattle trap company, get ahold of me while he was here in Pigeon Forge last week for promotional activities and asked me if I would paint some very special colors for him for the tournies he is doing this year. He said he could get me Rattle Trap blanks for my custom work also and said they do have some bigger ones and also floaters. I know I can get up over an ounce in size , however big that may be.
He gave me a couple small ones to do for him and I will know more when he picks them up next week.
ToddM
Posted 5/10/2011 2:39 PM (#497738 - in reply to #497686)

Hopefully someday somebody will come out with a floating rattle trap. From ripping, twitching and pausing to trolling shallow flats why no one has seen that value is beyond me.

Edited by ToddM 5/10/2011 2:40 PM
MRichardson
Posted 5/10/2011 5:19 PM (#497764 - in reply to #497738)

Hey thanks for the plug Stan, and for the “farts” too I guess lol  Can’t wait to see your new rattlers

Stan Durst 1
Posted 5/10/2011 9:49 PM (#497806 - in reply to #497764)

Hey Mike,
When I get on the finished part of the brain farts and it is completed, I will do the same brain fart on one of your choppers and send it to you.
If it comes out the way I hope, it should blow you away. and hopefully the fish too.
I played a little on a broken lure and with no detail or other colors other than the basing part it is already making the brain start fart even harder for some detailing.
Will see if I can take a picture of the basing and show you what it does. Just need to blend some more colors into it to bring it alive. Than connect with one of the guys down here ( maybe even First Six Feet even if he does tell stories about me) and go out and put the torture to it and hope the skies smear it good.
Maybe even send one to Tom and see if he will "Gelb" it for me.
I'm stopping right here, said enough about it already. Lips are sealed till completion in a few weeks or sooner.
ShutUpNFish
Posted 5/11/2011 7:36 AM (#497822 - in reply to #497686)

Stan,

I'd be interested in a few bigger rattle trap blanks if you get them. The bigger the better. I bet they'd work great at one of the lakes I fish....PM me when you find out.

Thanks,
Paul
Stan Durst 1
Posted 5/11/2011 8:48 AM (#497828 - in reply to #497822)

Hey Paul,
Will let you know as soon as I find out anything more.
Stan
MRichardson
Posted 5/11/2011 9:19 AM (#497835 - in reply to #497828)

Stan, see if you can get samples of the largest ones unassembled, then you could put some decent hooks on them and figure out what size and how many bb’s you need to get a nice slow rise.  Then give them the specs and order them that way.   I’d be happy to help figure that stuff out with ya

Oh, and then fart on them…

Stan Durst 1
Posted 5/11/2011 9:27 AM (#497840 - in reply to #497835)

Hey Mike,
I like that idea and will see if it is possible. If so, I could really use your help as MY brain can't fart in that direction.

I put a "Sneak Preview up on new thread, check it out and get your brain farting in the color direction and we will see what we come up with.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)