Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Reaction Strike Rods

Message Subject: Reaction Strike Rods
Zib
Posted 3/7/2011 8:10 AM (#485531)
Subject: Reaction Strike Rods

Has anyone used the Reaction Strike Bull Dawg rods or any of their other rods? My buddy just bought one off of Ebay so I'm curious as to how these rods perform & hold up.
jackson
Posted 3/7/2011 9:06 AM (#485544 - in reply to #485531)
Subject: Re: Reaction Strike Rods

i have their crank bait rod. Its a good rod for the price IMO. i bought it at a musky show. It didn't have the high end guides like some of the other rods, but i think i paid $65 for it and it's landed some nice fish. It's a bargain for the price point.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/7/2011 10:41 AM (#485569 - in reply to #485544)

I have used the Pro Bull Dawg Series rods for four years now. Have never even broken an eyelet out of them and I have beat the snot out of them. They are the best I have ever used. There is two other lines of MI rods the Evolution series and the Select series rods. They are both cheaper in price but don't have the top end guides or reel seat on them like the Pro Bull Dawg series does.
I have been selling them to clients for the last 2 years if you live near Madison and would like one pm or email me for great price.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
email [email protected]
allegheny river kid
Posted 3/7/2011 6:14 PM (#485709 - in reply to #485531)

I have a couple reaction strike rods. I folded the bulldawg/jerkbait rod where the top handle meets the blank throwing a magnum bulldawg last fall after about 4 months of use. I probably got my $50 bucks out it but was shocked it broke where it did. My other is the XH model and i've used it just for trolling so far.
BNelson
Posted 3/7/2011 8:41 PM (#485754 - in reply to #485531)

I have a couple of the 9' Livebait/Trolling rods for sucker fishing.....I have laid the steel to fish over 40 lbs with it and it has held up very well..I'm ordering a couple more actually ....
shaley
Posted 3/7/2011 8:58 PM (#485757 - in reply to #485754)

I had a couple Bulldawg rods, solid rods but heavy and wear you down fast, had issues with guide inserts breaking and falling out to and guide wraps cracking, we have broke 1 to and wasn't what you would call a simple replacement. Theres alot better rods out there for the money or less IMO.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/8/2011 9:00 AM (#485816 - in reply to #485757)

shaley-- "solid rods but heavy and wear you down fast"--
I have had 10 and 11 year old clients that threw them for over 10 hours and never wore out?????
If you had guide inserts breaking you bought the cheaper rods. I have had clients step on them and bend them back without the eyelets cracking or falling out. I have 20 and never had a problem with the pro Bulldawg Series
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
shaley
Posted 3/8/2011 6:15 PM (#485917 - in reply to #485816)

Well I don't consider $160 a cheap rod, just talked to my partner and his less than 1 year old one that was a replacement for one that broke in 3 peices has 1 guide already falling off and needs repaired, the other 3 all have cracked guide wraps. As far as the weight they are heavy and unbalanced unless you put a Salstist 40 or similar on them and then they still need a little weight on the back. Comaired to my 9' TI rod thats around 13 oz they feel super heavy. My partners a well built guy and always complaning about the weight of his, thats why I got rid of mine as I'm not well built and they limited my time on the water due to being wore out from throwing big baits on them, something I blamed on the baits untill I got the TI rod then baits I could only throw a few hours suddely I could go 14 hours and not be tired using the same bait.

jerken jimi
Posted 3/9/2011 8:16 AM (#486001 - in reply to #485917)

Bought 2 last winter,pounder series 8'-6"& 9' extra heavy.So far so good!! Super rods for the $....As far as heavy, MAN UP!!!! MY partner-115pounds-MUSKY MIC used the 8'-6" this season & neaver complained about being heaveir than her 8'st-croix rod...FAST SHIPPING ON BOTH TO!!!!!!! Again for the price of these rods cant go wrong!!!!!!!!
shaley
Posted 3/9/2011 9:20 AM (#486017 - in reply to #486001)

I work a 45-50 week doing construction as well as fishing muskies 40+ hours a week from May-Oct, I take advantage of anything to help reduce the fatige factor, Bulldawg rods are not part of that system for me. If they work for you thats great but they don't work for me.
leech lake strain
Posted 3/9/2011 10:26 PM (#486157 - in reply to #485531)

I got 2 reaction strikes 8'6 rods a xh pounder ripping rod and bucktail rod both rods are generally good for the price but no matter what reel you put in them you have to shim them up so there tight and they keep coming loose, I like the pounder rod better the bucktail rod seems a little weak! honestly for the price I think if you pay $20 bucks more get a tackle industries rod and you'll be happier!
Researcher
Posted 3/10/2011 9:21 AM (#486201 - in reply to #485531)
Subject: RE: Reaction Strike Rods

Do yourself a favor: go through the history (and current lineup) of products from this company. Research product durability/usability and overall consumer satisfaction from utilizing product from this company.

Then figure out if you want to buy a rod.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)