Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Okuma Contact Info

Message Subject: Okuma Contact Info
nate_r21
Posted 7/28/2009 12:22 PM (#390872)
Subject: Okuma Contact Info

I'm looking for a way, any way to get a hold of Mark or customer service from Okuma. I sent my rod in two and a half weeks ago and started calling a week ago for updates but soon found nobody available to answer my call at any of the extensions at (800) 466-5862.

I PM'd and emailed Mark yesterday and haven't heard back. Anyone else know an alternate number or what's going on? I also noticed pages on their website don't work either. I've had great help from them in the past but this is getting frustrating.

Nate
muskellunged
Posted 7/28/2009 2:33 PM (#390904 - in reply to #390872)
Subject: Re: Okuma Contact Info

I've called the 800 # and waited for a switchboard operator. told them I wanted to speak to a HUMAN BEING in the service dept and the put me through to MIKE, who helped track the progress of my Okuma gear.

If that does not work, write a letter:

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(template1_16.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments template1_16.jpg (8KB - 105 downloads)
sworrall
Posted 7/28/2009 2:54 PM (#390917 - in reply to #390872)

Hey, allow them some time to respond, if you sent the rod in two and a half weeks ago, it probably took several days to get to California. I just sent a package to Arizona, and it takes 6 days. Mark is probably on the road. What pages on the website do not work? Send me a link.
muskellunged
Posted 7/28/2009 3:18 PM (#390925 - in reply to #390872)

http://www.okumafishingteam.com/misc/customerservice.html

link down

http://www.okumafishingteam.com/misc/news.html

link down

http://www.okumafishingteam.com/misc/dealers.html

link down

http://www.okumafishingteam.com/misc/aboutus.html

link down

Coincidentally, the link to purchase Okuma products is up and running:
https://www.shopatron.com/index/422.0

Edited by muskellunged 7/28/2009 3:26 PM
California_Muskie
Posted 7/28/2009 3:27 PM (#390929 - in reply to #390872)

Sorry for the lack of response... As most of you that have PM'd me... it is taking me a long time to get back with you. I just don't have much "free" time lately to get on the internet. I will try to get to tall the PM's shortly. As far as the rod goes, I will check on it for you have Mike email / call you back.

We apologize for the delay.

On the website... it is going through a 100% revamp right now so a lot of the pages are not working properly. We are hoping to have it up and running in the very near future....

BTW... the buy function is a separate website that will stay.
nate_r21
Posted 7/28/2009 4:00 PM (#390938 - in reply to #390872)

Well I guess everything is fine as far as returns are concerned. My wife said my rod showed up today but I still wonder why no-one is around when you call in to inquire. Especially for the number of times I tried. Like I said before I'm not bashing their customer service because I have no complaints previously.

Nate
sworrall
Posted 7/28/2009 4:06 PM (#390939 - in reply to #390872)

It is entirely possible the person you were trying to reach was busy elsewhere, even on another line. Patience is a virtue, one it seems is sorely lacking these days. Your rod was shipped back already? Not too bad, not too bad at all.
California_Muskie
Posted 7/28/2009 6:28 PM (#390972 - in reply to #390872)

Nate... Your rod was delivered today. Good luck the rest of the season.

Edit - If for some reason you need to call in the future, when you get the "Sorry, nobody is available to answer your call"... listen to the prompting further as it will tell you to press 1,2 3, etc... to leave a message.

Glad we were able to get it figured out for you Nate.

Edited by California_Muskie 7/28/2009 6:30 PM
nate_r21
Posted 7/28/2009 10:28 PM (#391015 - in reply to #390872)

Mark - I shot you an email. Thanks again for all your help.

Steve - I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.
sworrall
Posted 7/28/2009 11:01 PM (#391019 - in reply to #390872)

I am not at all looking to disagree, I'm trying to get people to be realistic and reasonable. You won't find better customer service than at Okuma.

There's been a rash of posts lately with only one goal...to complain in public as if MuskieFIRST is a bad copy of Consumer Reports. It isn't, and will not be...ever.

Let me tell you, the return on that product was pretty good.

Unfortunately, the fishing industry has been under real pressure and the number of personnel available to answer the where is my 'whatever' calls has been lowered to a bare minimum a a result; the economy has taken a huge toll. Patience is a virtue, and one, as I said earlier, many seem to be lacking these days.
muskellunged
Posted 7/29/2009 11:39 AM (#391109 - in reply to #390872)

IF you want to blame any one invention on the growing lack of patience in society, it is the remote control. After that, it's high speed internet. And them dang colored pictures.

Edited by muskellunged 7/29/2009 11:40 AM
muskie! nut
Posted 7/29/2009 5:31 PM (#391162 - in reply to #390872)

I have to agree with sworrall that Okuma has the finest service I've ever dealt with. You have to have a bit of time to allow someone to respond back to you. You know they are not ditching you when you hear how well everyone on this board is being treated by Okuma and specifically by Mark (even though he hassles me on using left side crank reels ). If I need some service I'm not worried, I know Okuma and Mark will take care of it in due time.
Thanks Mark & Okuma Fishing for some of the finest products I've ever used. Say Mark, is the Red Isis available in left side crank yet?????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)