Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> "What Do Muskies Really Eat" brochure.

Message Subject: "What Do Muskies Really Eat" brochure.
Derrys
Posted 4/19/2007 9:21 AM (#251582)
Subject: "What Do Muskies Really Eat" brochure.

Last year I produced a brochure noting studies that were done that stated the effect Muskies had on Walleyes and other gamefish was extremely minimal. Mr. Worrall was kind enough to post some of that information on this site, and I appreciate that very much.

Yesterday I spent part of my afternoon passing these brochures out to Fleet Farm, Gander Mountain, Scheels, and Sportsman's Warehouse stores in Fargo, ND. All of the stores were more than happy to display the information, and Sportsman's Warehouse even contacted me about arranging a Muskie seminar in their store.

I'm posting this because I will e-mail this brochure in WORD format to absolutely everyone who requests it. If you'd like to help me spread the word and change some minds, please let me know.

It's a Tri-Fold brochure, and should not cost very much to have printed. If you are interested, my e-mail address is [email protected].

Thank You.

UPMuskyr
Posted 4/19/2007 9:42 AM (#251588 - in reply to #251582)
Subject: RE: "What Do Muskies Really Eat" brochure.

Hi Brad, email sent to you with contact information for the "Boundary Waters Musky Club" which will be interested in your pamphlet....THANKS...Randy
happy hooker
Posted 4/19/2007 9:51 AM (#251593 - in reply to #251588)
Subject: RE: "What Do Muskies Really Eat" brochure.

Great job on this!!!

we made litterally 'hundreds' of copys of this for our Twin Citys show booth and between the MN Muskie Expo and The MPL's sports show we gave out almost all.

The great thing is I think we had around 700 go out at the MPL's sports show, these went to General Fishing public not serious muskie people which will help educate the general fishing public,, This and the "Know the difference" cards were the most popular items grabbed of all the brochures we had out.

heres a GREAT way to present this at a public event ,,,, Have a TV set with the 'Brainard Muskie DVD" playing then surround the tv with the brochures and have some upright on top of TV,,,really gets their intrest

Edited by happy hooker 4/19/2007 9:55 AM
muskyboy
Posted 4/19/2007 11:51 AM (#251625 - in reply to #251582)
Subject: Re: "What Do Muskies Really Eat" brochure.

Thanks, PM sent
muskie! nut
Posted 4/19/2007 11:58 AM (#251627 - in reply to #251625)

Brad, you should really send it out in pdf format. This way every should be able to read it and mostly so nobody can easily edit it.

I believe I sent that to you.

Gerard
Derrys
Posted 4/19/2007 12:47 PM (#251639 - in reply to #251582)

Gerard, I noticed an out of place text box on the brochure when I looked at the PDF format of it, so I decided to just keep it in a Word format.

Thank you everyone for all the e-mails and private messages about this brochure. I did spend a lot of time trying to pack as much information as I could into the limited amount of space I had available. I had some help and advice from some of the "Big Names" in the Muskie fishing circles, and I think the brochure is well put together.

As far as printing, it can be printed front and back on standard printer paper, then folded so that the page with the photo is on the front. I think once you see it, it's pretty self-explanitory. Incidently, the photo I used is one of my brother, as I rarely catch anything. I'm hoping to change that this year.

I get many replies back from people who want to get the copy of the brochure, but not as many replies about the content. I'd love to hear what you guys think of it after you get it. Thanks again, for spreading the word. Through your efforts, the resource will benefit a great deal.
Magruter
Posted 4/19/2007 2:49 PM (#251672 - in reply to #251582)

Brad, best thing to do is print it off and scan it into PDF form if you're having format issue. If you want it done, email it to me. [email protected]
Fishwater1
Posted 4/19/2007 4:57 PM (#251691 - in reply to #251639)

Here is the document in PDF format. I combined the two pages and converted it.

I've also posted it on the FRV website.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments feeding_brochure.pdf (126KB - 455 downloads)
muskyboy
Posted 4/19/2007 5:19 PM (#251696 - in reply to #251582)

Thanks John, Brad you can direct people to my stocking and conservation thread at www.frvmuskie.com if you like.

Steve
Cowboyhannah
Posted 4/19/2007 8:27 PM (#251721 - in reply to #251696)

Good Idea---

PM sent
Derrys
Posted 4/19/2007 8:29 PM (#251723 - in reply to #251582)

Thanks again everyone. I think I've had more people contact me this year than last year about using the brochure. I guess we're getting more serious in our fight to preserve the Muskie, and in our clashes with the Anti-Muskie groups. Thanks again everyone.
sworrall
Posted 4/21/2007 10:43 PM (#252048 - in reply to #251723)

Great work, sir. you have done more for Muskie angling with this work than all the 'screamers' put together. Like lambeau is prone to say, action, not words. Let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to make that work more accessible by the public. And, thanks again for the hard work.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)