Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Which lake to fish for the George Wahl Tournament?

Message Subject: Which lake to fish for the George Wahl Tournament?
Posted 10/1/2010 7:57 AM (#461628)
Subject: Which lake to fish for the George Wahl Tournament?

Which lakes do you think will be the most crowded other than the obvious pre-PMTT crowd that will be on Tonka? Looking at the Hartman Metro results do you think the next biggest crowd will be Waconia?
W8N4SNO
Posted 10/1/2010 7:59 AM (#461629 - in reply to #461628)
Subject: Re: Which lake to fish for the George Wahl Tournament?

I would expect 80+ boats on Waconia....
Herb_b
Posted 10/1/2010 10:01 AM (#461641 - in reply to #461628)

The boats have been thick on Minnetonka lately. It seems the heavy fishing pressure is driving the fish away from many of the typical spots. If you fish Minnetonka or Waconia, expect a lot of boats. Your best bet on both would be secondary spots. Expect all the community spots to be very busy with not so many fish.

I would have fished this tourney if I didn't have two soccer games to coach and one to ref Saturday. Sounds like fun.
happy hooker
Posted 10/1/2010 10:12 AM (#461642 - in reply to #461641)

the metro bite is on!!!
ive even got truck drivers here at work showing me a 54 incher caught last weekend on a crappie minnow by a neighbor
and the first frost of the year may hit tonite,,and usually the first frost of the year gets a good bite better
80 boats on waconia???? I hope so,,hope theres 80 tourney boats on all the lakes because ALL that money will go to rearing and stocking fish
Herb_b
Posted 10/1/2010 10:41 AM (#461644 - in reply to #461628)

So, can one still enter?

My last soccer game tomorrow will be done about 11:30 am. By the time I go home and get the boat I could be on the water by about 12:30. That gives me four hours to fish and no partner. Hmmm. I would still have a chance though.
happy hooker
Posted 10/1/2010 10:50 AM (#461646 - in reply to #461644)

yes Herb GET IN tickets are still at the retailers,,,look at it this way alot of that money goes to your fav- tonka stocking,,, has the DNR is always receptive to letting us put fish in there,,,and come to thornes afterwards we have some SWEET bucket raffle prizes
Herb_b
Posted 10/1/2010 11:18 AM (#461649 - in reply to #461628)

Happy, You make a really good point. And I do love fishing Minnetonka. Nothing like having to dodge big pleasure boats while casting to Muskies. There are few places one can do that and still catch fish occasionally.

Hmmm. I could pull the boat to the soccer games and then I could get on the water quicker. That would be funny. Soccer bags. Whistles. Boat. Rods. Tackle. Net.

I might have to bring my ten year old daughter with though. She has been lighting them up lately.
Posted 10/1/2010 2:15 PM (#461657 - in reply to #461628)
Subject: RE: Which lake to fish for the George Wahl Tournament?

Some buds and I are planning to hit up Lake Waconia. Can't wait!

Tim
Herb_b
Posted 10/1/2010 4:02 PM (#461670 - in reply to #461628)

Its not going to work for me. Just to much going on tomorrow to make it worth while.

From what I have been able to gather, there may not be a bad lake on the list. Seems the fish have gotten active all over the metro. Some of the less popular lakes may even give you a better chance because there won't be so many boats out there.

Good luck to everyone fishing tomorrow.
Mak51
Posted 10/1/2010 4:21 PM (#461674 - in reply to #461670)

As stated my bet is that Waconia and Tonka to be the busiest. Still plenty of good water to escape the crowds. Also, lots of good smaller lakes to consider.

Just for fun, we should start a tally of how many guys are on Tonka this weekend with binoculars! I expect some PMTT guys will be out there doing research. I expect to see at least a few recon boats keeping an eye on things.
lookin4_big_gurls
Posted 10/2/2010 10:33 AM (#461752 - in reply to #461674)

you said it mak!! All I have been seeing out there are "new" boats which I know do not fish the lake on a reg basis...tourney guys?:?? you bet!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)