Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's kind of like my view on religion, it's your right to believe what you want to believe and I also believe it's eveyone's inalienable right to be stupid! So let's just go fishin! " EM
- (Added by: ESOX Maniac)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail

Message Subject: 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail
Big Pete
Posted 2/7/2010 11:21 AM (#422209)
Subject: 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail

As a sports fan you don’t get a much bigger day than Super Bowl Sunday. So I feel it appropriate today to announce that the Upper Great Plains Chapter of Muskies Inc. has set dates for the 2nd annual Iowa Muskie Team Tournament. Last year the chapter hosted the first of its kind, 4 tournament team events across the state. We had a great response from regional muskie anglers and had 28 teams participate. Because of everyone’s support, it was hard to ignore the demand for an event like this. The Iowa Muskie Team Trail gives muskie anglers across Iowa and the Midwest a chance to share in the great muskie fishery the state has to offer and it promotes camaraderie among these anglers and a forum to share angling knowledge. The team aspect was very positive and we had several family teams last year. Each tournament has a trophy and cash prize for the top three teams. Team points are accumulated for all four tournaments, and a Team of the Year award is given out at the end of the season. Team of the year will receive a pair of muskie rods, reels, and trophies.
The locations of this year’s tournaments were based on the feedback from last year’s participants and the current status of muskie fisheries in Iowa’s waters. We know that we cannot please everyone when it comes to picking tournament dates and locations but we will try to be flexible every year to provide opportunities for muskie anglers spread out all over state. Here are the dates and locations picked for the 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail:
May 16th Pleasant Creek Lake
June 13th Clear Lake
June 27th Spirit Lake
August 29th West & East Okoboji
I have posted the registration and rule forms on the Upper Great Plains Chapter website on the events page at www.muskieclub.com Thanks for taking the time to read this announcement and I hope everyone is as excited for the upcoming event as I am. Again check out the website or feel free to give me a call anytime if you have any questions regarding the tournament trail.
Thanks
Pete Hildreth 712-363-0755
Upper Great Plains Chapter President
muskie nutt
Posted 2/7/2010 2:10 PM (#422237 - in reply to #422209)
Subject: RE: 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail

Hey Pete. That August tourney on East and West ought to get interesting. LOL I am ready to sling some baits, don't know about you but I am really looking forward to the tournaments and open water. See you on the water................. Chris
Big Pete
Posted 2/7/2010 4:33 PM (#422282 - in reply to #422237)

Thanks Chris, I can't wait either! Yeah nothing like August on Okoboji. Sundays aren't quite as bad on the lake. Most people are still hungover from Saturday night and don't make it on the water on Sunday, especially in the am.
Doonan
Posted 2/8/2010 11:23 AM (#422405 - in reply to #422282)
Subject: Re: 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail

Love the move to Spirit Lake in June. Looks like i will be able to talk the old man into fishing all of the events this year. Thank you guys for putting in the effort to get this tourny rolling.
Big Pete
Posted 4/25/2010 12:00 PM (#437365 - in reply to #422209)

Hey Guys,

We are only only 3 weeks away from the 1st Iowa Muskie Team Trail event for the 2010 season. The Pleasant Creek tournament is Sunday May 16th. Remember to get your registration in the mail by the 6th. If you don't get it in the mail you can still sign up the day of the event but it will cost an extra $20. Information on the tournaments and our registration forms can be found on our website at www.muskieclub.com
I can't wait to fish Pleasant Creek! I better get my boat out this week and make sure everything is working. Let me know if you have any ?

Pete
UGP Muskies Inc. President
Big Pete
Posted 5/2/2010 3:06 PM (#438716 - in reply to #422209)

Pleasant Creek tournament is 2 weeks from today on Sunday May 16th. Get your entries in the mail by the end of the week. See you there!

Pete
call me if you have any questions 712-363-0755
Big Pete
Posted 5/10/2010 6:53 PM (#440131 - in reply to #422209)

Finally its tournament week! I picked up the first place plaques today and they look sweet! It sounds like warmer and nicer weather this weekend. Thank goodness we didn't have the tournament last weekend. Nothing like a little frost in the boat I have recieved 13 team entries and it sounds like a few teams are going to register the morning of, so we will have a nice turnout. I can't wait. Tell your friends to come out and fish as well. See ya between 5:30 and 6:30 for check in at the main ramp. Fishing will begin at 7 am and end at 4pm. Drive safe and see ya Sunday!

shaley
Posted 5/16/2010 10:19 PM (#441154 - in reply to #440131)

Great tourny, congrats to the winners and all who was there to enjoy a great day on the water.
Big Pete
Posted 8/14/2010 2:57 PM (#455174 - in reply to #422209)

Our final tournament for the Iowa Muskie Team Trail is this month August 29th on East and West Okoboji. Please visit our website under the events page to get entry and rule forms for the final tournament at www.muskieclub.com. We have had a great year of fishing and participation in the Iowa Muskie Team Trail. Please help us finish the year out on a great note by joining us in our final event. We will be awarding the 2010 Team of the Year at the completion of the tournament. This year’s team winners will receive a pair of Muskie Tackle Industries rods and a pair of Revo Toro 60. You have until August 19th to get those in the mail for the $100 entry. All tournament entries paid on the day of the tourney are $120.

Here are the results of the Pleasant Creek, Clear Lake tournament, and Spirit Lake Tournaments. The Team of the Year standings can be found on our chapter website under the events in the Iowa Muskie Team Trail section.

Pleasant Creek May 16th – 16 teams total, 13 muskies caught
1st Matt Williams and Paul Bushong 3 muskies 47,42, & 39 inches for 60 pts.
2nd Shawn Haley and Delmer Mutschler 2 muskies 45,40 inches for 43 pts.
3rd Steve Jonesi and Mike Grudgings 2 muskies 46,37 inches for 41 pts.
4th Tom and Jesse Crawford 2 muskies 38,36 inches for 32 pts.
5th Tracy and Dick Crail 1 muskie 42 inches for 26 pts.
6th Kyle and Bob Doonan 1 muskie 39 inches for 23 pts.
7th Chris Carlson and Grant Lodden 1 muskie 34 inches for 18 pts.
8th Chris Wulf and Travis Youngworth 1 muskie 34 inches for 18 pts.

Clear Lake June 13th – 18 teams total, 15 muskies caught
1st Brien Buehler and Nico Kotopaulos 3 muskies 49,48,35 inches for 64 pts.
2nd Tom and Jesse Crawford 3 muskies 40,39,35 inches for 46 pts.
3rd Nick Bass and AJ Simpson 2 muskies 45,39 inches for 42 pts.
4th Jeff and Joel Becker 2 muskies 41,36 inches for 35 pts
5th Dick Manske and Pete Hildreth 1 muskie 47 inches 31 pts.
6th Jason Haukoos and William Peart 1 muskie 47 inches 31 pts.
7th Scott Larson and Leo Kofoot 1 muskie 41 inches 25 pts.
8th Alex Templton and Ryan Wilke 1 muskie 36 inches 20 pts.
9th Tracey and Dick Crail 1 muskie 32 in. 6 pts

Spirit Lake June 27th – 20 teams total, 8 muskies caught
1st Leo Kofoot and Scott Larson 2 muskies 49,48 inches for 55 pts.
2nd Dick Manske and Pete Hildreth 1 muskie 41 inches for 25 pts.
3rd Tracy and Dick Crail 1 muskie 37 inches for 21 pts.
4th Matt and Amanda Bell 1 muskie 33 inches for 17 pts.
5th Cody Burgin and Dana Hubbard 1 muskie 32 inches for 16 pts.
6th Shawn Haley and Derek Brunsen 1 muskie 31 inches for 15 pts.
7th Nate Dau and Brian Connick 1 muskie 30 inches for 14 pts.

As if the IMTT isn’t enough for your muskie fishing fix, it is now time for our annual fall tournaments. The 30th Upper Great Plains Muskies Inc. Annual Release Tournament is September 17-19 on the Iowa Great Lakes. The 22nd IDSO Muskie Fest Tournament is October 2nd on East and West Okoboji. Mark your calendars cause the tournaments will be here before you know it. These events are definitely the highlight of the season for our chapter and we can’t wait to see everyone together. It’s hard to beat good fishing, camaraderie, and great raffle prizes. All Upper Great Plains chapter members will be receiving a packet in the mail with tournament entry and rule forms here very shortly. These tournaments are open to the public, you do not need to be a member of the chapter to participate. Please visit our chapter website to download tournament forms.

This will be the 1st year we will implement the use of our chapter bump boards for the release of muskies during the 3 day September tournament to eliminate having another boat in the tournament come over and witness the fish. This will result in a quicker release of all fish. For those that participated in last year’s tournament you will remember the rule change, for those that are new to this process we will explain it with more detail in the tournament packet. I look forwarded to seeing everyone at all our events. Take Care and good luck on the water!
Pete Hildreth, Ch. 29 President 712-363-0755
MuskieMike
Posted 8/26/2010 3:27 PM (#456855 - in reply to #422209)

Can't wait until Sunday, Packing up the tackle box tonight, prefishing Saturday hopefully! See ya'll up there!!!!
Big Pete
Posted 8/29/2010 8:44 PM (#457270 - in reply to #456855)

On August 29th the Upper Great Plains chapter of Muskies Inc. wrapped up the 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail. This is the second year we have run four 1 day tournaments on lakes throughout the state of Iowa. There has been great interest from muskie anglers throughout the state and because of everyone's support this year was a great success. We had 28 teams in all participate during the 2010 season. The team trail wrapped up on West and East Okoboji . We had 17 teams participate with 7 muskies being caught and released by 5 of the teams. Here is a list of the Okoboji tournament results:

1st Andrew Scholten and Travis Youngworth 3 muskies 40,39,36 inches for 47 pts.
2nd Kyle and Bob Doonan 1 muskie 49 inches for 33 pts.
3rd Tracy and Dick Crail 1 muskie 47 inches for 31 pts.
4th Ethan Johnson and Ryan Hoffmeyer 1 muskie 41 inches for 25 pts.
5th Pete Hildreth and Kevin Rolfe 1 muskie 37 inches for 21 pts.

The team trail combines the points for each of the 4 events for the Team of the Year Contest. Congratulations to Scott Larson and Leo Kofoot, your 2010 Iowa Muskie Team Trail Team of the Year! Here is a list of the top ten Team of the Year results:

1st Leo Kofoot and Scott Larson 100 pts.
2nd Tracy and Dick Crail 94 pts.
3rd Tom and Jesse Crawford 93 pts.
4th Matt Williams and Paul Bushong 90 pts.
5th Pete Hildreth and Dick Manske 76.5 pts.
6th Kyle and Bob Doonan 76 pts.
7th AJ Simpson and Nick Bass 72 pts.
8th Shawn Haley and Michael Grudgings 69.5 pts.
9th Brian Buehler and Nico Kotopaulos 64 pts.
10th Travis Youngworth and Chris Wulf 61.5 pts.

It has been an honor to run the tournament trail and I have enjoyed every opportunity meeting and visiting with people that share the same love and passion for muskie fishing. I look forward to visiting with everyone in working out details for next year's team trail. Any input to make this event even better is always welcome. Thanks again to IMTT participants.

Pete Hildreth
Ch 29 President

Edited by Big Pete 8/29/2010 9:44 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)