Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Sharing information

Message Subject: Sharing information
FAT-SKI
Posted 1/16/2016 12:44 PM (#799880 - in reply to #799024)
Subject: Re: Sharing information

I have my own opinions on sharing of info. When I started a few great sticks shared some really important info with me, and if it wasn't for them helping me with that, I am not sure I would have had any success. that said I think there is something to be said about the character of the guy that shares and one that doesn't.

For example. I fish a metro lake almost exclusively. This lake is so popular that EVERY spot on it has ridiculous pressure, there are no secrets. that said Last year (fall) I went out with one of my buddies. We were fishing a certain type of spot. (because this is his info I am going to avoid spilling to many beans) While fishing he told me that he had learned some of this from a different angler (fisher2) then fisher1 ended up taking a buddy or someone else he knew to these specific type of spots, not necessarily a certain spot but a certain type of spot (my friend who we will call fisher1 and the guy who told him we will call fisher 2) As far as I know fisher1 and fisher2 have been freinds for a few years. Once fisher2 found out that fisher1 was taking me or another person to this particular type of spot he more or less unfriended him all together and told fisher1 that he "betrayed" his friendship .... C'mon man were not high school kids anymore this is getting out of hand.... again to me, says a lot about fisher2's character.

My question is ... and honestly one of my largest complaints with this sport. Is why that every single guy who catches a big fish, a number of fish or has success somehow thinks hes a guide and deserves to get paid for his information? even with some of their friends ... I just don't get it

I learned on my own for two years before ever even joining this website. Fished a lone or with my brother almost exclusively. But without help from an experienced musky angler down the line theres no way I would have caught my first 50 this year. Which by the way fisher1 led me to. THANKS AGAIN fisher1!!!!!! 51" musky

just my .02

ToddM
Posted 1/16/2016 1:19 PM (#799883 - in reply to #799880)

Are you known to fisher2 as fat-fisher3? You should at least send him a Christmas card with a pic of you holding a fish on "his" spot.
FAT-SKI
Posted 1/16/2016 1:38 PM (#799887 - in reply to #799879)

Jeff78 - 1/16/2016 12:41 PM

FAT-SKI - 1/16/2016 12:18 PM

Jeff78 - 1/11/2016 9:31 AM

Let's see some of you ice fishing guys share your panny hot spots. You won't because the hordes will come in and fish it down to nothing. What is the difference between that and sharing your musky spots.

Most musky fisherman release their fish to be caught again by you or whomever. Most ice fishing panny guys only release the fish to their belly's .... thats the difference

You would be surprised at how many casual/accidental muskie fishers keep their catch.

---No, I very well know and understand that. but in the grand scheme of things were talking 1 compared to 1,000,000,000 (obviously fake numbers but you get the point)
FAT-SKI
Posted 1/16/2016 1:44 PM (#799890 - in reply to #799883)

ToddM - 1/16/2016 1:19 PM

Are you known to fisher2 as fat-fisher3? You should at least send him a Christmas card with a pic of you holding a fish on "his" spot.

"his" spot ... thats funny

I could care less if he knows me or not. I was fishing those spots before I even knew he existed or fished.

but if I ever meet him - ill be sure to show him that he inadvertently helped another lead me to my first 50". ha!

Edited by FAT-SKI 1/16/2016 1:45 PM
teddy b
Posted 1/17/2016 10:00 AM (#800068 - in reply to #799880)

FAT-SKI - 1/16/2016 12:44 PM

My question is ... and honestly one of my largest complaints with this sport. Is why that every single guy who catches a big fish, a number of fish or has success somehow thinks hes a guide and deserves to get paid for his information? even with some of their friends ... I just don't get it

So anyone who has success wants to be a guide or get paid for it? I just think that may be a little unfounded. You have to examine who you fish with at that point. I fish with a dozen friends that do the above and none of them 'thinks he's a guide' unless they already are guides. The only thing they get paid for is when I bring them a sammich when I jump in their boat...and vise versa.

Nice work on the 50 btw. They often don't come easy.

TB
Ben Olsen
Posted 1/17/2016 6:47 PM (#800148 - in reply to #798721)

Teddy, You never told me you pay sammichs. Are they Hoyer quality? What are you doing for opener??
sworrall
Posted 1/17/2016 6:58 PM (#800149 - in reply to #798721)

There is no person on the Earth who pays in sammichs than Junkman. No one.

teddy b
Posted 1/18/2016 1:39 PM (#800233 - in reply to #800148)

The sammiches I bring are more Hamm quality...not quite Hoyeresqe! For opener, I'll obviously be flyfishing on Lake X enjoying the aforementioned sammiches.

TB
bucknuts
Posted 1/18/2016 5:52 PM (#800259 - in reply to #798721)
Subject: RE: Sharing information

I share information with friends that share with me. I also will share some information with people new to the lake. I know how big the learning curve is!
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 1/20/2016 9:19 PM (#800586 - in reply to #798721)

I share nothing. I ask for nothing in return. I am all for other people catching big fish, I love seeing pics of big fish caught by other people. But like all of you guys I worked hard (at my young age 23) to know what I know, and beat my head off the wall and stuck with it in our crappy waters over here to get on fish. Yes I've got a lot to learn. But I do have people all the time asking me to get them on a nice Muskie or even more common here, a big walleye or pike through the ice. How can I let someone slide into a big fish with little to no learning curve invested, little to no time and effort invested? Maybe some day after I've gotten my fill.. But I'm still young and very hungry. So I stay quiet.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)