Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I don't have a bucket list more like a f@# it list"
- (Added by: bassin'2004)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Reaching out to fellow basement guys for a friend in need

Message Subject: Reaching out to fellow basement guys for a friend in need
newmuskyz
Posted 1/26/2014 6:12 PM (#687487)
Subject: Reaching out to fellow basement guys for a friend in need

Hello all.
As always im browsing to see what awesome creations my fellow basement guys have been constructing. Normally I wouldnt do this but after some thought I just felt like it was a good way to spread some joy to a friend in a special time of need. Let me try to be brief and explain.
I have been on this forum now for multiple years and have made many good friends and will continue to no doubt. Almost all of these people live far away from me being in the southeast. In these times with modern communication we still develop close ties to many who we never shake hands. I talked to this person today for the first time in a couple months, which is unusal. After the normal greeting I was blown away by what he explained. With more than two children and a happy marriage of many years his situation has changed due to a family members struggle with addiction, many of us have been in these shoes including me and we all know how hard it is. It is easy in these days to look past what the law may see as unfit and easily become dependant on prescription drugs. I DO NOT want to be vague by any means but certainly do not want to identify this person as he is on here alot and this is personal and sensitive to him and his family. Long story short he will be in a struggle that will involve super hard work, complete loss of a main income, and an emotional void to which I cannot even begin to imagine. His attitude was positive and he is committed to standing by the family member, but I still feel obligated to do something. I have no money to send, myself recovering from a layoff, but money isn't the answer for all. I just wanted to do something special and mainly put a smile on a fellow musky fishermans face. What could be better than baits which we all strive to create and enjoy seeing peoples face lite up when they get them. I would like to ask to any that are interested, in passing on anything, or just prayers, as a matter of fact prayers first as that has power beyond anything we can create, but if you have a bait you cant find a use for, or if you can relate to this type of situation, pick up a bait and send it to me and I will ship it to him. I am willing to pay for whatever baits I can and shipping etc. as my finances will allow. I will post any pictures and send them to him in a box if any of you are willing. I would love for him to not see this coming but Im sure he will read this, and I would love to have him get them direct from each of you that are willing but I cannot and will not reveal who it is unless he himself chooses to do so, which Im sure all of you can understand. PM me with any questions, and thanks to all. Above anything add a special prayer in today for he and his family.
regards,
Matt
musky slut
Posted 1/26/2014 7:58 PM (#687500 - in reply to #687487)
Subject: Re: Reaching out to fellow basement guys for a friend in need

Matt , I got a bait for him ... What address should we send them to ?
blkdrs
Posted 1/26/2014 8:08 PM (#687502 - in reply to #687487)

Matt, count me in.
Veithr3293
Posted 1/26/2014 8:27 PM (#687507 - in reply to #687487)

Where am I sending the lure to Matt?

Edited by Veithr3293 1/26/2014 8:30 PM
bigbite
Posted 1/26/2014 9:46 PM (#687521 - in reply to #687487)
Subject: RE: Reaching out to fellow basement guys for a friend in need

I will help as well. PM me your address. God bless.
newmuskyz
Posted 1/27/2014 6:34 AM (#687544 - in reply to #687521)

Thank you all so much. He will really appreciate it. There is no better group than fellow fishermen. You can ship to matt gillispie. 3776 bradshaw rd salem va 24153. I will certainly post pics as they arrive so everyone can see them. I will ship them to him and let everyone know when i do. Please continue prayers, and thanks to all!
Cal
Posted 1/27/2014 8:37 AM (#687562 - in reply to #687487)

I'll tie up a spinnerbait for this guy. Know the addiction game all too well unfortunately... Best wishes.
Cal
Posted 1/28/2014 7:29 AM (#687797 - in reply to #687487)

What colours you run down in VA?
newmuskyz
Posted 1/28/2014 8:34 AM (#687810 - in reply to #687797)

He will like any color at all. Thanks!!
newmuskyz
Posted 2/2/2014 4:17 PM (#688975 - in reply to #687487)

Hello again, wanted to take a moment and thank those who have responded and sent baits, here are some pics. the bucktails are from Gerry Carroll, who is always willing to help a fellow fishermen in need, and makes the finest handmade bucktails on the market. the others are from Gary Shwartz, (gringo loco)- and these are off the chain. Very impressed with the finishes on these baits. Guys I can't thank you enough, and if there is anything I can ever do for you I would be more than happy. I will let everyone know when these baits ship to the person, and again, can't thank all of you enough!!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(bsmnt 001.JPG)

(bsmnt 002.JPG)

(bsmnt 003.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bsmnt 001.JPG (38KB - 115 downloads)
Attachments bsmnt 002.JPG (36KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments bsmnt 003.JPG (32KB - 111 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)