Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Does Shimano Lifetime Warranty follows new owner?

Message Subject: Does Shimano Lifetime Warranty follows new owner?
Drakl
Posted 11/12/2013 9:44 AM (#673015)
Subject: Does Shimano Lifetime Warranty follows new owner?

I have a Shimano Compre Muskie Rod CPC-M80H that is supposed to have a Limited Lifetime Over-The-Counter Replacement Warranty. Does anyone know if this is limited to the original owner as I have bought this rod used and that it broke the last time I went fishing a week ago?
Thanks
Mojo1269
Posted 11/12/2013 9:57 AM (#673017 - in reply to #673015)
Subject: Re: Does Shimano Lifetime Warranty follows new owner?

Not sure of the "official policy" but the two times I have used it I have never had to provide any type of proof of purchase... I would think in spirit it does...
woodieb8
Posted 11/13/2013 8:41 AM (#673161 - in reply to #673015)

just don't tell them lol.
cave run legend
Posted 11/13/2013 10:18 AM (#673191 - in reply to #673015)

Over the counter means you go to the store and replace it. Like craftsman tools, it breaks you replace it. No questions asked.
Flambeauski
Posted 11/13/2013 10:55 AM (#673200 - in reply to #673191)

cave run legend - 11/13/2013 10:18 AM

Over the counter means you go to the store and replace it. Like craftsman tools, it breaks you replace it. No questions asked.

Not quite. Shimano's warranty is for the original owner, and OTC replacements are at PARTICIPATING retailers at THEIR discretion.
So depending on the retailer, it may be replaced.
I know for a fact that Cabela's does not participate in the OTC warranty program.
Drakl
Posted 11/14/2013 7:53 AM (#673368 - in reply to #673015)

^exactly. Good example is that Sail's store also only covers the OTC warranty for the 1st year. Maybe that will change once the BPS gets built.

Shipped it to Shimano, will see what will happen and yeah George, I'm not telling I wasn't the original owner. Although, I wouldn't see why they wouldn't cover the rod. The warranty is applied on the rod, not the customer. What does it changes to the rod if it changed ownership?
Mojo1269
Posted 11/14/2013 8:00 AM (#673373 - in reply to #673015)

FWIW.... Stores that participate will reaplce the product with the same product. I had a Calcutta Inshore rod break that I had to send back to Shimano beacuse they were not made any more and they gave me credit (full retail value) to apply to another Shimano product of my choice.
Drakl
Posted 2/7/2014 10:53 AM (#690023 - in reply to #673015)

Final results, I had not heard back from Shimano in two months, when I decided to give them a call. They are waiting on the new musky compre to come out to ship me a brand new rod. Regardless of the OTC policy not applying to the store I bought it from, I'm more than satisfied with the outcome.
tolle141
Posted 2/8/2014 4:42 PM (#690298 - in reply to #673015)

That's pretty sweet. It took about 3 weeks for me to get my Tranx back, but it works better than ever now. Never was put on hold either any of the 4 times I called.
Drakl
Posted 2/9/2014 8:47 AM (#690417 - in reply to #673015)

Good for you. Although I'm satisfied with the final outcome, calling them from Canada is always a pain in the ass. I tried the french line the first time, waited 50min on the line and finally decided to leave a message. They called back 25 days later.

Since I wasn't receiving any callback after the 2 first weeks, I had tried the Canadian english line and spoke with some guy based in California that redirected my call to a Canadian agent... which extension wasn't working so the call hung up. I then decided to wait, then gave up on it when I still wasn't receiving a call... bought a replacemen rod from an other company to finally receive that call after 25 days.

I guess that these days, you have to be armed with patience when dealing with any kind of warranty... but as I said, final result, which is the important, is satisfactory.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)