Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Power pro red line

Message Subject: Power pro red line
fish4musky1
Posted 4/23/2010 10:47 PM (#437120)
Subject: Power pro red line

Anyone use the power pro red line? opinions...

im assuming its the same as other colors but just want to make sure. Gander has it on sale for $10-150yards.
bassinbob84
Posted 4/23/2010 11:04 PM (#437121 - in reply to #437120)
Subject: Re: Power pro red line

I tried it and it will turn your rods and hands pink. It seemed like it wasn't as strong either.
nclaker
Posted 4/23/2010 11:24 PM (#437127 - in reply to #437120)

I was at the Thorne Bros Shimano Reel cleaning seminar - a guy had a Curado 300DSV that had red PP on it. It had red dye throughout the reel inside & outside ... LOTS of cleaning required cause it can effect the performance fo the reel. They had him thoroughly clean the dye out before reassemling. Based on this I would NOT recommend it.

According the the Shimano guy (they now own PP), they redid the dye so I think it is suppose to be better.
piker
Posted 4/24/2010 3:59 AM (#437138 - in reply to #437120)

It's nasty stuff!! Goes all over your rod and reel I wouldn't buy it! I still have it on one of my reels going to replace it with Grand Slam braid from Hi-seas
CU301DSV
Posted 4/24/2010 6:39 AM (#437146 - in reply to #437120)

Still have this line on my Cardiff. Like the others have already said, the red dye gets everywhere and makes a mess. Don't buy it. I didn't notice that it wasn't strong, worked fine other than red everywhere.
PSYS
Posted 4/24/2010 7:35 AM (#437148 - in reply to #437120)

+1 to this.

Had it one year on my Quantum Energy PTi spinning reel. Completely dyed the spool red... then it gets wet and old and turns a weird Pepto-Bismol pink color. First and last time I've ever used it.
muskie-addict
Posted 4/25/2010 7:17 PM (#437448 - in reply to #437148)

Don't do it!!! My Techna AV is STILL pink. Two years ago. One day of use.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 4/26/2010 6:47 AM (#437522 - in reply to #437448)

The best red line that will not fade fast is Spider Wire Code Red

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(thumb_stealthcoderedbraid.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments thumb_stealthcoderedbraid.jpg (3KB - 145 downloads)
muskie-addict
Posted 4/26/2010 7:38 AM (#437533 - in reply to #437522)

Yeah, I'll say that the red not being as strong was all in your mind. It's dye. Its no different than the green or yellow PP you can buy. At least that's what the dude at PP said to me when I called bitching about it.

Actually, he called me.

About two weeks before that, I wrote a nastygram and sent it off to the addy in Colorado or wherever that's on the back of the box. I told him that my essentially brand new Techna had now been transformed into the Deanna Favre breast cancer awareness edition, my jeans were ruined, and my hands were NEON, and I mean neon, red, for almost 3 days. It was horrible. Seriously, my wife thought I killed someone with my bare hands when I came home that day.

Anywho, dude said they had a bad "batch" and that they were really sorry and they were sending me 500 yards of white PP, a "pro staff" hat and a fishin' shirt. Nice gesture, I thought. I probably stuck with PP because of that. I never had an issue with it before, so why not. They took care of me. It was really funny now looking back on it. I was almost scared though at how RED my hands were. I mean glowing, bloody red. It was bright, wowiee.

Back in the day, I had one brand new green spool that turned my hand green a little, and my cuticles and nail beds were a little green for a week. Never had it before, never had it again with the green stuff. This did go though my mind when I bought the red spool, but I just HAD to be different.....
fish4musky1
Posted 4/26/2010 11:42 AM (#437582 - in reply to #437120)

thanks guys, looks like ill stay away from the stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)