Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Pro Craft Boats

Reply New post
Message Subject: Pro Craft Boats
Targa01
Posted 3/15/2010 2:07 PM (#429007)
Subject: Pro Craft Boats

Does anyone have any experiences with Pro Craft boats. In particular the fish-n-ski version. It's difficult to tell by looks alone but it seems like a good family/weekend worrior boat. I've been looking at these and the Ranger Reata's or 1850/1860VS seem nice also.

Anyways, all thoughts and stories are appreciated.

Oh ya, I have 3 younger kids so when the whole family is with the 17' Targa just gets a little tight. Reason for possibly looking for a new ride (at least 18.5').
Ifishskis
Posted 3/15/2010 5:36 PM (#429045 - in reply to #429007)
Subject: RE: Pro Craft Boats

We had a 2002 215 Combo for 4 years ending in 2007. It had a Merc 225 EFI on it. I believe that PC's are no longer in production. They are/were owned by Tracker Marine.

We also looked at the Reatta's and we just liked the layout of the PC better. Personal preference. I've never driven a Reatta so I can't tell you how they ride.

I can say that the PC was a solid riding boat and it fished MUCH better than I hoped for. It was a very stable boat...at no time did you feel like you were going to go over the side while up on the decks. The decks on our 215 were huge...plenty of room to walk around.

The Reatta is a nice boat and so is the PC. I'd buy a well maintained used PC any day.
Targa01
Posted 3/15/2010 6:02 PM (#429053 - in reply to #429045)
Subject: Re: Pro Craft Boats

Thanks for the reply. It has been tough finding personal reviews. I did find a bassboats forum and there were a lot of PC owners that talked about their setups and they seemed happy. I was shocked to see some of the speeds they were achieving. With a little searching I've been able to find 'newer' 20' PC's with 200-225hp between $16-19K with low hours which seems pretty good for a glass boat and newer outboard. Just was never sure what kind of ride to expect and how fishable it really was.

Thanks again for the reply...
Posted 3/15/2010 6:23 PM (#429058 - in reply to #429007)

I have been fishing from a PC 215 combo for the last few years and like it. I feel it is a good boat for the money. It is stable as can be and handles rougher water well, providing a dry ride. It's a pretty heavy boat and will suck the gas if you like to go fast. With the 225 efi it tops out about 60mph on the gps. The front and back deck can handle two anglers each as long as every one knows the routine. Occasionally, I have four guys fishing and never feel any rocking of the boat. I use it about 75% fish and 25% ski/tube with family and friends and it fits the bill perfectly. It's definitely not a top of the line boat but a good solid mid level for those of us on a budget. It's too bad tracker discontinued this line of boats. Only complaint is that the hull does not set up very nice for a kicker. Mike
Top H2O
Posted 3/15/2010 9:24 PM (#429119 - in reply to #429058)

I was looking at buying a PC but ended up with a 210 SL Skeeter Fish&Ski combo.
I looked a t the Reatta and liked it Alot but it was $10,000 more than a Skeeter.
I have 6oo hrs on it(V-MAX 200) with no problems and it's used 80% fishing, 20% family sking and tubing.... I did like the ProCraft ,but they moved out of our area when I was buying.

Jerome
Ifishskis
Posted 3/17/2010 4:02 PM (#429458 - in reply to #429058)

Guest - 3/15/2010 6:23 PM

I have been fishing from a PC 215 combo for the last few years and like it. I feel it is a good boat for the money. It is stable as can be and handles rougher water well, providing a dry ride. It's a pretty heavy boat and will suck the gas if you like to go fast. With the 225 efi it tops out about 60mph on the gps. The front and back deck can handle two anglers each as long as every one knows the routine. Occasionally, I have four guys fishing and never feel any rocking of the boat. I use it about 75% fish and 25% ski/tube with family and friends and it fits the bill perfectly. It's definitely not a top of the line boat but a good solid mid level for those of us on a budget. It's too bad tracker discontinued this line of boats. Only complaint is that the hull does not set up very nice for a kicker. Mike

Guest is right on about the boat being heavy and the 225 EFI being thirsty. Ours with a 23P High 5 prop topped out at 58 gps. I agree it's not a top of the line boat, but I felt it was darn close....and $10K cheaper than the Reatta.

Maybe Guest has our red 215 PC now (?).

Edited by Ifishskis 3/17/2010 4:04 PM
wipete
Posted 3/17/2010 6:02 PM (#429487 - in reply to #429458)

Ifishskis,
It could be that I do have your old boat. It is red and white and the trailer did have a ramp sticker that said Wausau. However the prop was a 25p trophy. I have been looking for a 23p high five to put on when I know the boat will be doing a lot of towing. I hear that prop can pull an elephant up in no time.

Targa01, I haven't been in the shorter PC's (18'-20'), but I do feel the 215 at 21'5" is a great combo. It fits all of my needs whether it be fishing with friends or dragging my 3 kids and their friends around on tubes and skis. Lots of room. If one comes up, definitely check it out. Good luck in your search. Mike
Ifishskis
Posted 3/18/2010 7:56 PM (#429755 - in reply to #429487)

wipete - 3/17/2010 6:02 PM

Ifishskis,
It could be that I do have your old boat. It is red and white and the trailer did have a ramp sticker that said Wausau. However the prop was a 25p trophy. I have been looking for a 23p high five to put on when I know the boat will be doing a lot of towing. I hear that prop can pull an elephant up in no time.

Targa01, I haven't been in the shorter PC's (18'-20'), but I do feel the 215 at 21'5" is a great combo. It fits all of my needs whether it be fishing with friends or dragging my 3 kids and their friends around on tubes and skis. Lots of room. If one comes up, definitely check it out. Good luck in your search. Mike

wipete,

PM me here or send me an email at: [email protected]

I'm curious......
Muskie Treats
Posted 3/18/2010 10:13 PM (#429785 - in reply to #429007)

I've been running a Procraft bass boat since 03 and have to say it's been a good boat. It's not as flashy as some of the others, but it's very functional, fairly fast and priced right. Procraft never spent that much on advertising or prostaffers which is probably why their boats were priced better. I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone.
wers4455
Posted 3/19/2010 3:16 PM (#429907 - in reply to #429785)

I have a 2001 170 combo and I like it. My bro and I bought it together. The only bad thing is that when we're musky fishing we are limited to 2 people with the seats being in the way, not to mention all the gear. I have a 125 merc on the back and can reach 55 or so regularly. Good solid boat.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)