Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Christmas gifts

Message Subject: Christmas gifts
FISHUNT
Posted 12/8/2005 2:58 PM (#168119)
Subject: Christmas gifts

I just wanted to encourage folks to give someone or themselves a valuable gift this Christmas...

I highly recommend taking advantage of one of the reputable guides' knowledge and expertise on various bodies of water and techniques. No matter what skill level of fisherperson we are, we can all learn by fishing with others. This year I took the opportunity to expand my knowledge base by picking the brain of Travis Kopke of Kopkeguideservice.com regarding suspended deep water muskies. It also afforded the opportunity for a friend of mine with a vacation home on a WI chain of lakes to catch his first muskies and learn about the lakes so he could introduce his children. In spite of an illness shortened day, we learned a ton, got to meet a great guy and happened to put 5 muskies in the boat (36, 38, 42, 42, 44.5).

This was my first experience fishing with a guide in spite of having fished muskies for about 6 years in Canada and WI. I was also able to then put my 11 year old son on his first musky the following day (41") using the same pattern and techniques. The value for the cost is one of the best deals around regardless of the number of fish caught.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)