Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> quick change clevis

Message Subject: quick change clevis
dondi_idnod
Posted 6/17/2024 12:29 PM (#1029160)
Subject: quick change clevis

Being new to bucktail making, I thought using the Musky Shop's quick change clevis would make it easy to experiment with different sizes, colors, and types of blades. With my first cast, the blades flew off! I tried two more blades - one flew off and one had almost worked itself off. I have the "opening" toward the front of the lure, so that appears to be OK. I asked the Musky Shop what might be wrong, and was told that I had gotten a bad batch of clevises, and he sent me the "new" ones. But the new and old are exactly the same. How the heck can I keep the blades from flying off while casting? I really want this to work, because I'm going to Eagle Lake in two weeks. TIA for your advice......don
jdsplasher
Posted 6/24/2024 5:00 AM (#1029252 - in reply to #1029160)
Subject: RE: quick change clevis

For the musky fisherman, I’d just stick with the heavier stainless clevises. Since you’re building your own, take several other baits along with different size blades and wire shafts to keep you in the game. Many resorts had vises , or take round nose pliers to modify as needed.

Those snap on clevises imo are more built for the walleye guys pulling harnesses .

chuckski
Posted 6/25/2024 8:51 AM (#1029274 - in reply to #1029160)
Subject: Re: quick change clevis

I make my own Bucktails and have used the R&H's quick change clevises and they work OK except they seam to not start as easy as a regular clevises.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)