Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Chataqua Baits

Message Subject: Chataqua Baits
Byoung
Posted 8/16/2019 4:32 AM (#945422)
Subject: Chataqua Baits

Hello,
I’m new to the Musky Fishing game and trying to find baits. This is the first year I have begun to target Musky’s specifically. I have spent the last 2 months trying to equip myself for what it takes to be a hardcore Musky fisherman. I’ve bought a new boat, and spent the majority of my paychecks on getting that equipped and outfitted. Everything from fat AZ rod holders and new rods and reels (both casting and trolling) to all of the release tools one would need (bump boards, jaw spreaders, knipex hook cutters, a net you could fit over my house, etc.).

With all of that being said I still have a few dollars left to burn through so I’m in search of some assistance in finding some good trolling baits. Some buddies and myself will be heading to Chataqua in about a Months time and I haven’t been able to find any Bakers or DK’s, or any custom baits. So since I probably won’t be able to procure any of those beautiful customs that look so sexy by our trip I was wondering if anyone could help me identify some relatively easy to find trolling baits that might produce for me out there. I’d like to run a 6 rod spread so I need to purchase several trolling cranks. As far as color I hear that gold works well there. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks in Advance!!!
supertrollr
Posted 8/16/2019 8:02 AM (#945425 - in reply to #945422)
Subject: Re: Chataqua Baits

wiley caught more giants up there than anything else combined.dk don'T worth all that money. trust me. pm for more info
muskyhunter07
Posted 8/16/2019 8:18 AM (#945427 - in reply to #945425)

Boss shad
supertrollr
Posted 8/16/2019 1:35 PM (#945448 - in reply to #945427)

ive eard good thing about it . did you have ever tried his kowalski wiley style bait ?
NPike
Posted 8/16/2019 5:42 PM (#945461 - in reply to #945448)

Fish Chautauqua several weekends a year. great lake. Never got a giant but bud in boat got a ~ 50's few years back.
If the perch are deep so are the musky try deep jigging. For deeper casting DDD's go down below 15 on the cast. For shallow casting: DD's, depth-raiders, bucktails. Might check-in with Mike at Chautauqua Outdoors in Asheville (south end), great guide and has a lot of great baits (custom as well) on hand. As Y can tell we don't troll.

My personal rule of thumb find the large perch schools find the musky, anywhere from just off weeds to 60' FOW.
pklingen
Posted 8/16/2019 7:53 PM (#945472 - in reply to #945422)

5" BAKER GOLDIE slays them up there day in and day out! just ask the "muddy creek guide" guys!
Byoung
Posted 8/19/2019 8:15 PM (#945602 - in reply to #945422)

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. I can’t begin to tell you how helpful everyone has been on this forum. Good luck out there this fall and I hope everyone bags a 50
muskiehunter51
Posted 8/19/2019 9:24 PM (#945607 - in reply to #945422)

Raptors and Goldie bakers lol
muskiehunter51
Posted 8/19/2019 9:26 PM (#945608 - in reply to #945422)

But apparently a “mega tanker” was caught on their swimmer
anzomcik
Posted 8/20/2019 6:06 AM (#945612 - in reply to #945608)

muskiehunter51 - 8/19/2019 10:26 PM

But apparently a “mega tanker” was caught on their swimmer

I wish we were allowed to talk about it, per the request of the angler we must keep it hush until he says it is time. I also wish it was caught in Chautauqua, it was not, but on a musky map it was relatively close. The best part is there are good photos, including clear bump board shots for the doubters. Thank you for listening to the podcast
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)