Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Vexus Boats

Reply New post
Message Subject: Vexus Boats
North of 8
Posted 2/3/2020 5:36 PM (#953439 - in reply to #953434)
Subject: Re: Vexus Boats

Whew, the front deck on that boat could serve as a landing pad for a helicopter! As to the rails, the bass boat rails seem designed as a true hand rail, rather than something you would mount anything on. And it makes sense that they are arched with no sharp corners, the way bass fishermen lean over the side to hand land bass.

Edited by North of 8 2/3/2020 5:37 PM
Windy City
Posted 2/3/2020 7:54 PM (#953441 - in reply to #952674)
Subject: RE: Vexus Boats

Vexus hulls are vacuum infused, not hand laid fiberglass. Thus the post mold/formed auto type paint.

All handrails on boats are obnoxious, handrails are for stairs not boats.

Their design (fiberglass) is reminiscent of GM's autos geodesic design. Lots of straight lines assembled to create an overall form.

Kudos to them for giving Ranger a run for the money. If they keep the quality control where it should be they will pan out to be a long term player.
muskyhunter07
Posted 2/3/2020 8:37 PM (#953444 - in reply to #953441)

I'll stick with my 621 all day long. especially for re-sale.
sworrall
Posted 2/3/2020 9:13 PM (#953446 - in reply to #953444)

I wouldn't worry too much about re-sale with the Vexus brand. State of the art facility, many of Ranger Boats previous employees and management, excellent quality and performance. The dealer network is setting up well. Should be fine. Nothing wrong with Ranger resale either. Will be interesting to see which ends up transferring showroom value better 5 years out, if either.
ToothyCritter
Posted 2/4/2020 7:48 AM (#953453 - in reply to #952674)

I debated putting on handrails, but when I saw friends sitting in the back when pulling a tube or running in choppy water reaching for stuff to hang on to, I added these. Double as a spot for rod holders and hopping in & out of the boat when on the trailer. The handles by the seats seem to get ignored because they are low so the handrails were a safety add.

The white circle was pointing out a chip to a repair guy I had fixed last year.

Love the Worrier. those sure can handle choppy water no problem. My neighbor has one.

The cool thing is, there is a boat for everyone out there. I for one, love the looks of the Vexus. It's on the table when it's time to upgrade.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Rangchip.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rangchip.jpg (184KB - 511 downloads)
Brian Hoffies
Posted 2/4/2020 6:48 PM (#953487 - in reply to #952674)

Nothing at all wrong with rails. Just like the color Red, rails aren't for everybody.
ToothyCritter
Posted 2/10/2020 4:24 PM (#953669 - in reply to #952674)

Went to the Rockford boat & fishing show on Saturday. Vexus had DVX20 on the floor and it's a fine looking boat. The sticker however was $97K. Ranger 621 on the floor was listed at $87 and it needed some electronics yet.. And they say golf is expensive.

Brian Hoffies
Posted 2/12/2020 6:35 AM (#953706 - in reply to #952674)

Where they the same size / brand motors on each boat?
ToothyCritter
Posted 2/12/2020 9:49 AM (#953711 - in reply to #953706)

Brian Hoffies - 2/12/2020 6:35 AM

Where they the same size / brand motors on each boat?

2020 Vexus DVX 20
2020 Evinrude 300 E-Tec W/Power Steering
2020 Evinrude E-Tec 15 HO Kicker
Options:
Walk Thru Windshield
MinnKota Ulterra 112# US 60? ILINK
Lowrance HDS 12 LIVE Console
Lowrance HDS 12 LIVE Console (2nd Unit)
Lowrance HDS 12 LIVE Bow
Dual Pro 15×4 Charger
AGM Trolling Motor Batteries & Trays (3)
Kicker Bracket (Port Side)
Custom Boat Cover
Tandem Axle Vexus Trailer

The Ranger 621FS I don't have the exact specs. It was black on black with a 300 Verado and had a kicker. Beautiful boat and compared to my Reata it sure would give me the room I would prefer. The only addition needed was electronics for the bow.

I'm out of my depth at these prices. I'll hang on to the Reata for a few years.
JBlanck
Posted 2/12/2020 7:49 PM (#953726 - in reply to #952674)

I saw the DVX at the Rockford boat show. One thing I noticed was the two bars that hold the handle of the rod in the center rod storage. In order to get the lower rods in place you had to push them forward enough to get the entire handle below the top bar and then slide it back. This cuts off about 6 inches of rod length capability. The center rod storage in a 620 for example let’s you just slide the rod into the hole and set the handle down on a shelf utilizing the entire length. Just something I noticed but the lower rods can only be about 7‘6“.
ToothyCritter
Posted 2/13/2020 10:40 AM (#953732 - in reply to #953726)

When my Kristina (wife) saw the sticker on the Vexus she didn't let me get in the boat. All she kept saying was...

"That's how much we paid for our first house, that's just redicULAS!!"

Go buy a lure and let's get out of here!!!

My comment that our fist house didn't float or have GPS capabilities didn't get the laugh I was hoping for.
Musky Brian
Posted 2/13/2020 12:01 PM (#953736 - in reply to #953732)

Again, it might be an awesome boat, but who in their right mind is going to whip out 100+k on a boat with no history to fall back on? It’s going to take them some time to prove their product.
sworrall
Posted 2/13/2020 2:24 PM (#953740 - in reply to #952674)

They have a fast growing dealer network with some of the top performance dealers in the US on board. George Liddle went with them, and that says a lot as mentioned; the staff has some heavy hitters from Ranger all the way through production. The family associated with the company should be familiar, too. From what I understand, sales have been good. I have zero affiliation with the brand, but am impressed with what they have done in a short period of time as a guy who spent 43 years in the business.

https://vexusboats.com/heart-and-soul/

These folks ain't newbies.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 2/13/2020 6:12 PM (#953745 - in reply to #952674)

They have a pedigree that will instill enough confidence to sell boats. If you wanna feel sorry for somebody, feel sorry for Ranger. For every Vexus ordered it likely took away a sale from Ranger.
Windy City
Posted 2/13/2020 6:44 PM (#953747 - in reply to #952674)

I watched Vexus closely for 2 years since they announced their coming to market. I was considering their multi species boat but once all the specs were out it just didn't meet what I was looking for.

Builders all use the same few suppliers for components. There are only 2 major factors that separate manufactures of fiberglass boats for the most part, design and rigging. By rigging I mostly mean wiring. Some builders have wiring that looks like a 12 year old did it and others go the extra mile to do a clean, organized job with all the proper fuse blocks, connectors, terminals, wiring sizing, etc. There are other items such as mechanical fasteners used, through bolting of some items VS screwing, countersinking screw or other holes before drilling, backer plates, foam fill with proper drainage, etc.

It all starts with design. If the boat doesn't work for the buyer by design, it doesn't matter much if it is assembled correctly. Some people buy without knowing what they want for design if they haven't yet experienced it, others think a design element is good only because they have never experienced anything else.

Some buy simply on aesthetics.

Either way Vexus is here to stay and already establishing themselves in the market. Their first market concern is the traditional bass boat (design style) market as it's market share is larger then multi species designs.

Once they have invested enough capitol into advertising, I am sure they will be a common name too. They just have to hand over enough discounted boats to "pro fisherman" and slather their name all over Bass tournaments, won't be long.
Jerry Newman
Posted 2/14/2020 1:14 PM (#953764 - in reply to #953747)

Great post Windy, and good luck with your new boat.

IMHO, also an absolute travesty that these boats don’t automatically come with about a $50 standard wiring harness/fuse panel pre-rigged for high end electronics ect.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 2/15/2020 12:56 PM (#953785 - in reply to #952674)

Looked at a Vexus this morning and the dealer had a price north of $100,000 on it but the 400 hp Mercury alone was $85,000 so thats something to consider in our sticker shock.
Windy City
Posted 2/15/2020 2:21 PM (#953787 - in reply to #952674)

I think you misread something, a 400 Merc is 30K.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)