Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I didn't do it
- (Added by: Tiger)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Securing Wooden Body On Wire Shaft

Message Subject: Securing Wooden Body On Wire Shaft
David_Bily
Posted 7/4/2024 12:24 PM (#1029522)
Subject: Securing Wooden Body On Wire Shaft

Happy 4th of July All,

I have a question about wooden tail rotators. I have several wooden tail rotating baits that feature a wooden body that is mounted on the wire shaft so that it cannot ride up or down the wire shaft. A few examples include the Pacemaker, Lac Seul Turbo, and Chaos Psych Sister. I have a relatively new tail rotator which is not built in this way. The front-most wooden body can freely move up and down the wire shaft which causes it to "bind" up against the tail rotating piece of the bait on the retrieve. I have tried crimping an aluminium rivet on the wire shaft to prevent the front-most wooden body from traveling down the wire shaft and I have tried soldering a rivet in place. Neither has held up very long. So that is my question: How to secure a wooden body on a wire shaft to prevent it from moving. The baits cited all seem to have some sort of collar on both ends of the front-most wooden body. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
ghoti
Posted 7/4/2024 3:20 PM (#1029527 - in reply to #1029522)
Subject: RE: Securing Wooden Body On Wire Shaft

Super glue and tooth pics jammed into front. Then push piece all the way forward and let dry. Break off tooth pics and add mere glue.
jdsplasher
Posted 7/5/2024 9:47 PM (#1029594 - in reply to #1029527)
Subject: RE: Securing Wooden Body On Wire Shaft

Simply put a small L bend behind front body with a small bead and nose washer in back of front wood. Look at the bend on a topper stopper, though their L bend is about 1/4”….try to make it 1/8”

or if you have the ability to braze a solid bead, that works .

Not a fan of tail rotators….just me!

JD

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)