Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> French River Top Water Action!

Message Subject: French River Top Water Action!
adamstew
Posted 10/31/2017 7:21 PM (#882946)
Subject: French River Top Water Action!

Finally got a chance to seriously target Musky's for a weekend! My friend and I dedicated 2 full days of doing nothing but trying to catch on of these beasts. Other than seeing a Bald Eagle, day one was a bust, not even a strike or follow. Honestly felt a little discouraged about day 2, but we still woke up nice and early and made it out at a decent time. I still find it hard to believe that after going 12 hours with nothing, it only took 3 minuets of fishing to catch the first ski of the trip! When I saw the fish blow up on my spook, I was in shock, and almost didn't react! What a rush, and a day of fishing that I won't forget! We ended up catching another monster that night on the last cast of the trip!

The first net job was a bit rough, but I promise the second was better lol

I did my best to summarize the trip in a quick youtbe video, so check it out and let me know what you think!

video ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7f3XyX2Sr8

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(rsz_screen_shot_2017-09-26_at_113057_am.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rsz_screen_shot_2017-09-26_at_113057_am.jpg (119KB - 486 downloads)
Kirby Budrow
Posted 11/2/2017 8:43 AM (#883140 - in reply to #882946)
Subject: Re: French River Top Water Action!

Huh, yeah you should probably practice netting fish and proper handling before your next trip. It hurts to see a fish treated that way.
25homes
Posted 11/14/2017 1:32 PM (#884293 - in reply to #882946)
Subject: Re: French River Top Water Action!

congrats on the fish great job...but Kirby right if you gonna make habit of fishing for Muskie you gotta do better netting and handling fish....Fish hitting carpet like that is bad new and watch vertical holds on big fish like that....I'm cutting you guys a break I know how hard it is to net them especially the first time and handlin but def learn about handling netting and releasing these fish for future reference....great Job and congrats way to stick with it after long hard day of nothing plenty more of them to come which aren't always followed by 2 fish days...lots of time followed by another skunk but you guys made it happen way to stick it out!!! was this recent sure doesn't seem that way with you in shorts and t shirts

Edited by 25homes 11/14/2017 1:33 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)