Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fishing trips! Who?, Why?, and when?

Message Subject: Fishing trips! Who?, Why?, and when?
chuckski
Posted 4/25/2024 8:48 AM (#1027995)
Subject: Fishing trips! Who?, Why?, and when?

Do you fish with the same friends or family members?, Is it just fishing or do Restaurants or other activities play in your choice?, Do you go at a certain time of year?
EsoxWanderer
Posted 4/25/2024 1:16 PM (#1027999 - in reply to #1027995)
Subject: Re: Fishing trips! Who?, Why?, and when?

Usually the same friends/family (if you can convince anyone to put up with musky fishing). As to the destination, strictly fishing unless there is nowhere inhabitable to stay. Destinations slotted at times I think the fishing will be best, though I like the bookends of the season and try to avoid the summer circus.
sworrall
Posted 4/25/2024 1:59 PM (#1028000 - in reply to #1027995)

I fish with Slamr whenever he can get up to visit, my son Keith when he isn't guiding, and Sue for morning or evening crappie trips. Not many solo trips anymore. I get out when I can, not worrying about much else. I know this wise man who once said: "The best time to go fishing is when you can."
Solitario Lupo
Posted 4/25/2024 2:09 PM (#1028001 - in reply to #1027995)

Fish with family and maybe some friends if we all have the same time off. If it’s a fishing trip mostly just fishing for the activity for the day. For the time of year mostly in the spring and fall. For y cause it gives me some time to get away from stuff
chuckski
Posted 4/25/2024 7:20 PM (#1028004 - in reply to #1027995)

I grew up in California and lived in Colorado since 1991 but I've fished a all over Wisconsin, Minnesota and for a few years in Canada (Ontario). My mom was born and raised in the Deer river area of Minnesota and my dad was from Racine WI. A lot of my family fished and lived on a Lake in Northern Wisconsin for over 90 years, I've sent my summers there as a teenager in the 70's and have not been there for years. Most the people I fished with have died off. I fished in Hayward area last fall and will not make it up North this year. Slated to go in 2025 not sure where but in Wisconsin. I don't like to leave my mom much she's going to be 90 soon. I fish close to home here in Colorado. A place we fished in California burnt up in a fire a couple years ago. I like to fish and go to favorite restaurants and find new ones too. Fish where and when I can.
mikie
Posted 4/26/2024 8:38 AM (#1028007 - in reply to #1027995)

Not so many solo trips for me any more, either. I fish with my buddy Mauser more often than with others, been friends since he and Sponge Bob came up to Cave Run to fish muskies with me and my son Jon. We developed the habit of doing an annual birthday trip first week of April, that got pushed to May 6,7,8 this year due to too much water in the lakes. m
IAJustin
Posted 4/26/2024 8:54 AM (#1028009 - in reply to #1027995)

I fish over 150 days a year, probably 1/2 the time solo, sometimes its a boat load of family gathering a crappie supper, other times its all out hardcore.. like last weekend pounding yellowfin on topwater with a couple of buddies from high school. I tend to incorporate at least one day of fishing into anywhere I travel! My circle knows to call me if they want to go fishing - ha!

Edited by IAJustin 4/26/2024 8:58 AM
southern comfort
Posted 4/26/2024 10:40 AM (#1028011 - in reply to #1027995)

I fish solo a lot and also with 2 sons and 3 grandsons but twice a year I join my 2 brothers and brother-in-law for the musky opener and a Fall trip in northern MN. This has been a tradition for many, many years. We are usually very successful catching fish during these trips but have come to enjoy the time on the water with each other regardless of our "catching" success. After many, many years I still find immense enjoy just loading the boat in the morning and heading out with anticipation watching the sunrise.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 4/26/2024 1:39 PM (#1028014 - in reply to #1027995)

I'm meeting up with a couple guys I met on Walleye Central. We went to Eagle a few years ago and stayed at Vermilion Bay Lodge. That was a multi species trip and was fun. This year we are going to the same place mid Sept. Muskies are on the agenda but relaxing and having fun is primary to catching fish for me.

Really looking forward to it.
ghoti
Posted 4/27/2024 10:49 AM (#1028028 - in reply to #1028000)

sworrall - 4/25/2024 1:59 PM

I fish with Slamr whenever he can get up to visit, my son Keith when he isn't guiding, and Sue for morning or evening crappie trips. Not many solo trips anymore. I get out when I can, not worrying about much else. I know this wise man who once said: "The best time to go fishing is when you can."

Sounds like we've got to make a geezer trip!
sworrall
Posted 4/27/2024 5:27 PM (#1028039 - in reply to #1028028)

ghoti - 4/27/2024 10:49 AM

sworrall - 4/25/2024 1:59 PM

Sounds like we've got to make a geezer trip! ;)

That's for sure!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)