Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> hard head

Message Subject: hard head
Posted 8/26/2013 1:30 PM (#659656)
Subject: hard head

What have any of you has the most luck with on a hardhead, weight in back, front, or not at all. Just got one while Thorne bros sale was going.
Bucky_Musky
Posted 8/26/2013 2:05 PM (#659661 - in reply to #659656)
Subject: Re: hard head

Depends on where in the water column or depth you are fishing. I personally think that the weight just in the belly makes for a more level slow vertical sinking motion where the weight in the front creates more of an erratic nose down quicker dive.
northern
Posted 8/26/2013 2:38 PM (#659665 - in reply to #659656)

I like them in the cooler water in fall when things slow down a bit.
With weight at the middle. Just for fishing them deeper and as above metioned maintain the horizontal presenatation. Slow retrieve with a pull every now and then, just like the other pullbaits, but then with a wiggle.
Bucky_Musky
Posted 8/26/2013 2:51 PM (#659666 - in reply to #659665)

Adding to what Northern said above, the great thing about the hardhead is the versatility. With the weight in the middle to maintain a horizontal presentation, the lure has a great side-to-side wobble as it sinks as well as the tail on it helicopters down with the lure. The sink is subtle and the keeps the lure in the strike zone longer.
superstockbigblock
Posted 8/26/2013 5:03 PM (#659693 - in reply to #659656)

Alright, I will leave it in the belly and off the nose and see how it does, thanks for the feedback.
DRPEPIN
Posted 8/26/2013 5:17 PM (#659695 - in reply to #659656)

I like it this time of the year with the weight in the nose with a more erratic pull/ crank retrieve. No weight for over top weeds, and in cooler water weight in both front and middle. To each there own. No wrong way to work them in my opinion.
Kevin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)