Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> UPDATE on Lisa, from Lisa's Lure Auction

Message Subject: UPDATE on Lisa, from Lisa's Lure Auction
esox69
Posted 7/10/2013 9:27 PM (#650942)
Subject: UPDATE on Lisa, from Lisa's Lure Auction

i've recieved quite a few inquiries regarding our friend (to which i am very appreciative), so this here's an update on lisa. she recently had been diagnosed with brain and lung tumors after being cancer free for 3 years from a previous battle with breast cancer. her condition keeps her from working, and she has no medical insurance. her first course of action was starting chemotherapy with tamoxifen and lupron. lupron is a pill taken only once a month, but is $600 per pill. ouch. next up was gamma laser knife surgery for the brain tumors which the doctor reported that went very well. an mri in 3 months as a followup will tell more but hopes are high for a successful eradication. her spirits are good, she's supporting her immune system with holistic and homeopathic means, and has a serious "kick cancer's ass" attitude! last thursday i asked her if i could stop by which of course she said "sure". we talked for about 20 minutes, and then i told her i had something for her. i asked her to put her hand out and close her eyes. when she did, i laid a check for $1,000 in her hand saying "happy 4th of july". the tears flowed and all she could say was "how?" and "thank you". i told her about the amazing community of musky nuts i belonged to and how they have gone above and beyond in their support. i also told her it is still ongoing and i will run this until there's nothing left to auction. more tears followed by "thank you". so i thank you, members of muskiefirst for support i still cannot believe- it's is both humbling and overwhelming. and of course this would not be possible without the means of steve worrall, for hosting this auction every single weekday. you have helped make a difference in lisa's life. thank you one and all...
klcb
Posted 7/10/2013 10:05 PM (#650948 - in reply to #650942)
Subject: RE: UPDATE on Lisa, from Lisa's Lure Auction

man you guys are awesome!i am new to this web site,trying to find info on making some musky lures so I can finish the ones I got started.i live close to ky.lake where we do not have musky but I want to start building musky lures to sell.hopefully this will work out ok.if so I want to send you the first one for the auction you guys are doing.it will be a quality built lure,no junk parts.i've read your reports on lisa!a beautiful young lady,my heart and prayers are with her.going with the same with my wife that has a spot on her lung that doctors said they could not remove cause of her lung condition[severe copd].it would be fatal.just lot of prayers and hope this is not the c word.i'll let you know in a few days after I finish and test,thanks james reed .
esox69
Posted 7/10/2013 10:25 PM (#650954 - in reply to #650948)
Subject: RE: UPDATE on Lisa, from Lisa's Lure Auction

james,
thanks for the kind words and i'd love to auction off one of your lures, thank you. you picked the right site for lure building tips- there are maaaany great lures artists, yes ARTISTS here to learn from. i'm keeping a good thought for your wife and sending good vibes your way. best wishes,
steve
Hoffy
Posted 7/11/2013 6:07 AM (#650972 - in reply to #650942)
Subject: Re: UPDATE on Lisa, from Lisa's Lure Auction

Where can I find information on Lisa's auction?

Thanks

Dan
fishhawk50
Posted 7/11/2013 9:04 AM (#650998 - in reply to #650972)

Hoffy - 7/11/2013 6:07 AM

Where can I find information on Lisa's auction?

Thanks

Dan

about 8 threads down in the buy/sell page.
ToddM
Posted 7/11/2013 9:24 AM (#651005 - in reply to #650942)

some great baits yet to be auctioned, I know there is still a hughes river to be put up. pretty cool deal and not muskiefirst first venture down this road. if you have not checked it out or donated, look through your stuff, maybe there is something you could part with.
esox69
Posted 7/11/2013 9:49 AM (#651019 - in reply to #651005)

Thanks todd, and yes you're right- still got some tasty items to come...

Edited by esox69 7/11/2013 9:50 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)