Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I'm shaking my Weagle....
- (Added by: VMS)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> painting soft plastics?

Message Subject: painting soft plastics?
t-bone blades
Posted 10/6/2012 2:58 AM (#589297)
Subject: painting soft plastics?

does anyone know what kind of spray paint will take to soft plastics? I know they use paints on some mag dawgs, and some other soft baits, but i have tried several different types of spray cans and they dont take. they stay oily and never dry.? any help would be greatly apreciated!

--Tom
newmuskyz
Posted 10/6/2012 4:51 AM (#589299 - in reply to #589297)
Subject: RE: painting soft plastics?

I haven't done any plastics, but the man to talk to about that is Jeff boggs, Google boggs custom tackle, I believe he sells some paints and he is the master of that craft without a doubt....
h2os2t
Posted 10/6/2012 7:50 AM (#589307 - in reply to #589299)
Subject: RE: painting soft plastics?

It is a special paint and very smelly. I know somebody that does it and he uses jet fuel somehow and very cheap airbrushes and throws them away after they get eaten up with the stuff. Here is a place to start http://www.lurecraft.com/content/
musky slut
Posted 10/8/2012 10:16 AM (#589630 - in reply to #589297)
Subject: Re: painting soft plastics?

Lure craft no longer sells it and Jeff told me what he uses is very,very toxic . He told me that you would need a fresh supply mask also and would not tell what he iuses because of the toxicity . Kodiak mentioned a mixture to me a few posts back but I have not had a chance to try it yet .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)