Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance Rebates ...

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance Rebates ...
Ball Cap
Posted 4/23/2012 2:06 PM (#555151)
Subject: Lowrance Rebates ...

I mailed in 2 rebates to Lowrance on January 24th via Certified Mail. I know they received them.

It says expect 8 - 10 weeks to receive rebate. Well, it's been 3 months now.

I know another guy that is in the same situation as me and hasn't gotten his rebate checks either.

Anyone else having the same delays?

Thanks - Midge
tcbetka
Posted 4/23/2012 2:27 PM (#555158 - in reply to #555151)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Rebates ...

I've read a few posts that reported it's indeed running in the 10-12 week time frame to get the rebates. I'll be mailing in a couple forms myself this week, so I guess I know not to expect anything back until late July or into August...

TB
Louis
Posted 4/23/2012 4:24 PM (#555211 - in reply to #555158)

I sent mine in in mid-December, and just got the check about 2 weeks ago.
ttrap
Posted 4/23/2012 4:27 PM (#555213 - in reply to #555151)

There is a place you can check the status. Ill find the link
DonPursch
Posted 4/23/2012 4:41 PM (#555218 - in reply to #555151)
Subject: RE: Lowrance Rebates ...

I guess I won't lose any sleep waiting for mine if it takes that long Weare Muskie fisherman we do have a lot of patents
Ball Cap
Posted 4/24/2012 10:26 AM (#555390 - in reply to #555151)

That link to check the status really doesn't tell you anything. I shows the date the check was mailed.

My date is blank.
tcbetka
Posted 4/24/2012 2:27 PM (#555449 - in reply to #555151)

The way I look at it is that I'm just happy to be getting the rebate. Near as I can figure, Lowrance is giving me $400 back on an LSS-1 and an LWX-1 unit. That's getting Structure Scan for like $250, and Sirius on-board weather for FREE. Yee-haw!!!

If it takes 12 weeks, so be it. As long as it comes, I'm good with it. I imagine they have a LOT of these to process, given the magnitude of the sale and the sheer number of units they must have sold. Not trying to be a shill for Lowrance here or anything, but these things take time I guess...and I can wait a few extra weeks. If their new products work as well as advertised, I will be a VERY happy camper. The rebates will be the icing on the cake!

TB
Ball Cap
Posted 4/24/2012 3:24 PM (#555471 - in reply to #555151)

I never said I was upset or anything at Lowrance. I was just curious if it was a normal lag time or if for some reason mine was caught up or lost.

Because of these rebates I went back to Lowrance from Humminbird !
tcbetka
Posted 4/24/2012 4:27 PM (#555490 - in reply to #555471)

I didn't mean to imply that you (or anyone) was upset with Lowrance. Hopefully though, their product(s) will live up to your expectations and make you glad you went back to them! Otherwise, the rebates won't begin to cover your dissatisfaction...

I think you'll be happy with their product though. I spent a TON of time researching my purchase earlier this month, and found that both companies make excellent products. I really don't think you'll be disappointed at all!

By the way--I just got a few DVDs from Doc Samson, and they are very informative. I've learned a bunch about the side imaging technology, and I haven't even turned on the new units yet! So if you're at all unsure about the technology, then by all means check out his stuff. Much of it is available for free on his website.

TB
Ball Cap
Posted 4/30/2012 12:18 PM (#556833 - in reply to #555151)

Well, I got $200 of the $400 tha Lowrance owes me. And they don't show on the rebate tracker site that they owe me another $200.

Both $200 rebates were sent in the same cerified mail envelope. I'm guessin I'm going to have a battle ahead of me to get the other $200. Ugh

I've left a voicemail and an email into the "contact us" option at the rebate company.

TJ DeVoe
Posted 4/30/2012 2:54 PM (#556869 - in reply to #555151)

If it's not showing anything on the rebate tracker, it's being processed or has been sent out. The items were on two separate forms so that means two separate checks.
tcbetka
Posted 4/30/2012 6:30 PM (#556901 - in reply to #555151)

First rebate stuff went to Lowrance today--for my LSS-1 and one of my HDS 8 (base) units. I have a couple more to go as well, later this week. We'll see how long it takes I guess. I *did* keep copies of everything submitted of course, just in case.

TB
Shep
Posted 5/1/2012 10:13 AM (#557048 - in reply to #556833)

Ball Cap - 4/30/2012 12:18 PM

Both $200 rebates were sent in the same cerified mail envelope. I'm guessin I'm going to have a battle ahead of me to get the other $200. Ugh

There's probably fine print about only one rebate per envelope, or household. Good luck.
Ball Cap
Posted 5/1/2012 11:40 AM (#557080 - in reply to #555151)

My buddy did the same exact thing as I did with 2 forms as that's what the instructions said to do.

He got the $400 check yesterday. So I know they missed one of mine.

Good news is someone answered when I called for the 3rd time today. She told me they only had record of one of my rebates. She asked me to fax copies to her of what I mailed in.

Said she would expedite the 2nd check later this week.

Sounded too good to be true, but I'm hoping its' that easy!
Jerry Newman
Posted 5/1/2012 11:46 AM (#557084 - in reply to #557048)

Question for TJ; are guys like Tom going to have to buy the soon to be released LSS-2 if they want the better StructureScan?

Tom, I finally had the opportunity to check out the Sirius on-board weather deal and placed my order last night... what a great deal, thanks for the heads up!
tcbetka
Posted 5/1/2012 12:31 PM (#557098 - in reply to #555151)

I didn't see anything about only one rebate form per envelope, but I went ahead and just submitted my two requests in different envelopes. Then I'll submit the third one (for the LWX-1 unit) separately, after I sign up for the account with Sirius. I think I have a couple months to submit--so it should give me plenty of time. (Edit: Lowrance limits any one household to THREE rebates total, by the way.)

As for needing the LSS-2 unit Jerry...YES, I would need to buy an LSS-2 if I wanted "better" HD StructureScan capabilities. I knew that before I ordered, but still went with the LSS-1. For one thing, the image quality isn't that much better. Go search TheHullTruth's forums and you'll see what I mean. There are many posts about the difference, with photos for comparison. Certainly there is a difference, and the HD version (LSS-2) is "nicer" by all accounts--but I didn't feel it justified the extra cost right now. And it did not qualify for the rebate either.

With the LSS-1, I paid just under $560 for the unit from BOE Marine (a sponsor on THT, by the way). So after the $300 rebate, it will cost me only about $260. That rebate amount is when you buy it with a non-combo HDS unit, incidentally. The second HDS 8 unit I bought will get me a rebate of $200, and the LWX-1 will get a $100 rebate once the account with Sirius is set up.

These three rebates allowed me to "extend" my electronics budget significantly. If I later find out that I want the HD StructureScan feature, then it will mean I need to make another purchase. But the transducer with the LSS-2 unit is quite a bit longer than that with the LSS-1 unit, and I was hoping that Lowrance would be able to reduce the size of the transducer in the future. So I guess that, all things considered, I just elected to wait for generation-2 of the LSS-2 unit.

TB

Edited by tcbetka 5/1/2012 12:33 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)