Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> onboard charging question??

Reply New post
Message Subject: onboard charging question??
bchrtchr
Posted 4/23/2012 9:22 AM (#555072)
Subject: onboard charging question??

My trolling motor is hooked up for 24 volt and my fish finder is hooked up to the positive battery, can I hook up an onboard charger as well. Currently, I take the batteries out of the boat to charge so nothing stays connected and I would really like to put the on board charger on board.

Thanks,
jackson
Posted 4/23/2012 12:34 PM (#555126 - in reply to #555072)
Subject: Re: onboard charging question??

Fish finder on the positive battery? need more explanation on this. Usually you want your finder to be on the starting battery as to miss the interference some trolling motors can produce. If this is the case then yes, onboard chargers are the way too go. I would suggest dual pro or Guest chargers. They are the best IMO.
jackson
Posted 4/23/2012 12:37 PM (#555128 - in reply to #555072)

Fish finder on the positive battery? need more explanation on this. Usually you want your finder to be on the starting battery as to miss the interference some trolling motors can produce. If this is the case then yes, onboard chargers are the way too go. I would suggest dual pro or Guest chargers. They are the best IMO.
ttrap
Posted 4/23/2012 1:16 PM (#555141 - in reply to #555072)

Well from what I gathered from you saying is you have your batteries set up as 24 volt. Then you ran your finder as 12 volt by using pos and neg from one battery. If thats the case and you don't want to unhook anything you need a 2bank charger. One bank per battery.
Chuck S.
Posted 5/1/2012 12:44 PM (#557105 - in reply to #555072)
Subject: RE: onboard charging question??

Agree with Jackson re onboard chargers. Dual Pro for your 24 volt system has worked great for me with AGM batteries.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)