Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Never, EVER, take a knee in the Pursuit that is your life! You only get one shot at anything, and Fair Catches are for those who choose not to Stand and Deliver, So do not pi$$ it all away! GO HARD, or stay home!"
- (Added by: muskynightmare)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> wiley like,question

Message Subject: wiley like,question
fishbag
Posted 12/14/2009 4:16 PM (#412734)
Subject: wiley like,question

hey guys
just wondering if you put some lead into that kind of baits?
any difference between straight vs jointed one concern the weight location,if wighting is required.
im not sure but i think leo and bk chubbies have no lead
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/14/2009 5:12 PM (#412741 - in reply to #412734)
Subject: Re: wiley like,question

I am making a jointed lure in this style and while I did not see a lot of difference with weight on the "wiggle" I of course saw a lot of variance with the hang time. My goal was to get a lure to run shallow, wild side to side action but also when stopped have some hang time and slowly rise. Its a balance between weight, distribution of weight, lip shape and angle of lip. I used to think "how hard can it be" now I fully appreciate the basement builders who understand the engineering of a lure. Its fun but frustrating.
woodieb8
Posted 12/14/2009 8:15 PM (#412780 - in reply to #412734)
Subject: Re: wiley like,question

we build trolling baits like the ones mentioned. they are not weighted in that style. weight can kill action, especially in trolling lures.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)