Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> N. Illinois & SE Wisconsin Musky fishing......

Message Subject: N. Illinois & SE Wisconsin Musky fishing......
musky54
Posted 5/24/2007 7:09 AM (#257644)
Subject: N. Illinois & SE Wisconsin Musky fishing......

I really amazes me sometimes when I hear that there's no musky fishing in the area we live in. I'll talk to the customers who are purchasing musky items and ask them where they fish, or where they are going, and it usually is the same answer, "I'm going fishing up north because there's no musky fishing down here." Now, granted a lot of these folks are new to the musky game but there are quite a few seasoned fishermen & ladies as well and that caught me a little by surprise. Have any of you had the same conversation with friends or acquaintences in the area, especially when we have quite a few places to fish within an hour or so from the N. Illinois & SE Wisconsin border? Just curious.
ESfishOX
Posted 5/24/2007 7:23 AM (#257646 - in reply to #257644)
Subject: Re: N. Illinois & SE Wisconsin Musky fishing......

I used to be one of them. I would fish muskies when in Eagle River at a buddies place or only when another friend setup the yearly hunt in late October or early November to the Boulder Junction area. For me, it was mostly the boat traffic of the local lakes that kept me away because I wasn't comfortable with a busy launch and navigating around others. Hiring a guide helped me learn how to deal with the sailboats, jet skiers, etc as well as fishing. There was a time too that he had to react to a sailboat that admitted he didn't see us when the trolling lines were out. Now I am on the local lakes, well lake for now. A good local muskie fishery is a wonderful thing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)