Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Metro Lakes are going on Fire!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Subject: Metro Lakes are going on Fire!!!!!!!!!!!
Chubby!
Posted 10/25/2005 8:19 AM (#163443)
Subject: Metro Lakes are going on Fire!!!!!!!!!!!

The twin city metro lakes are producing some nice fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine caught 2 nice fish in one week (44 and a 46), he also saw 2 fish over 50"+++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pigs are starting to huff and puff the big lures in their mouths!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Herb_b
Posted 10/26/2005 2:00 PM (#163629 - in reply to #163443)
Subject: RE: Metro Lakes are going on Fire!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on which lake and when. Seems some of the lakes are still not producing though...
Herb_b
Posted 10/27/2005 8:53 AM (#163719 - in reply to #163629)

I am actually hearing of very hit and miss type of fishing in the metro. Hot one day for an hour or two, then the fish shut off, and then nothing again for a day or two.

So, if you're on the right metro lake at the right time, you can do well. And then you might not see a fish either. I think its typical Muskie fishing right now. But it sure seems great after the terrible summer fishing we all faced this year when one could go days without even seeing a fish.

Good luck all.
MNSteveH
Posted 10/31/2005 8:34 AM (#164053 - in reply to #163443)

Sounds like there's still a good night bite going on. Everybody I talk to seems to be catching fish in the late afternoon (after moon set) or at night. Unfortunately I've only been able to get out mid-day and fishing has been spotty at best.

Chubby
Posted 10/31/2005 12:22 PM (#164076 - in reply to #163443)

I just got off another metro lake and boated a couple of smaller muskies, but saw some pigs!!! The boat is put away for the weekend! Off I go to slay the big bucks in MN and WI!!!

Good luck hunters!!!
MNSteveH
Posted 11/7/2005 12:22 PM (#164639 - in reply to #163443)

Well, maybe not on fire, but seems like more fish are starting to move during the day.

Fish WB Thurs and got a fat 42, and a 31. No follows just real solid eaters.
Sat and Sun had many follows, one a real tanker, but no eaters. Most guys were pounding the coontail weedbeds with jerkbaits. I didn't see anything there. All my action was on big crankbaits on outside weedlines in areas with cabbage. There's some real nice re-growth of cabbage and the fish are in it. The lake was really getting pounded in certain spots and it seemed like everbody knew spots that were holding fish. Lots of boats jockeying for position in certain areas. Some of those fish might go during the weekdays with less pressure.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)