Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Night time in Canada!

Message Subject: Night time in Canada!
Slimeball
Posted 5/23/2004 11:31 PM (#107536)
Subject: Night time in Canada!

Im going to lake Nipissing the third week of July.I have fished these waters many times but in September and early Oct. and not in the dark. Any suggestions on night fishing? I am a rookie in the dark. thanks.

Edited by Slimeball 5/24/2004 10:09 AM
Muskieman10
Posted 5/28/2004 10:09 AM (#108083 - in reply to #107536)
Subject: RE: Night time in Canada!

I have had teriffic success fishing at night and consider it the best time. However, the best fishing usually relates to the months of july and august. I have caught fish in September at night but not as many. If there was one period I could fish during July and August it would be night. I use depth raiders, in any color, but have found the lighter colored ones work best. I would suggest finding the largest mid lake structure and working it good. Your usual spots will produce at night also. Hope this helps.

john
Ranger
Posted 5/28/2004 7:18 PM (#108133 - in reply to #107536)

Another great dark time bait is a spinnerbait. Last night I caught my biggest of this season (42") on a black Raddog (w/ silver blade), it has two single hooks and a large single colorado blade. I reel them over weedtops and off of breaklines; the thumping blade calls them in and the fish can easily see the dark outline aginst the bright night sky. Single hooks are much less likely to snag up on weeds and such, and the hooks don't tangle, so an easy bait for a beginner. Don't forget to figure-8, my fish hit boatside on the second go-around. Oh, I added a few drops of scent to the skirt, something extra to entice a following fish. Berkley Power grubs add both scent and more bulk to the body.

Have a great trip!
chuckinwood
Posted 5/29/2004 10:30 AM (#108167 - in reply to #107536)

Aint ever done coke of herion, but i don't think it compares to the jolt you get when been casting for hours, your half asleep, they hit at the boat and blow up in your face.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)