Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> You know your a fisherman if...(____)

Message Subject: You know your a fisherman if...(____)
7.62xJay
Posted 6/30/2022 10:27 PM (#1008341)
Subject: You know your a fisherman if...(____)

You switch boots out at work, start walking, feel a rock inside, take it off and shake it out and a hook gaurd shrink wrap tube falls out. Last time I remember cutting em off a new bait was two weeks ago.

sworrall
Posted 7/1/2022 10:40 AM (#1008353 - in reply to #1008341)
Subject: Re: You know your a fisherman if...(____)

Funny stuff.
esoxaddict
Posted 7/1/2022 2:00 PM (#1008365 - in reply to #1008341)

These are all true:

- You've repaired a toilet in your room at the lodge with split rings and snaps.
- You've ever plugged the bathtub in your room at the lodge and filled it with bait or fish you didn't have time to clean.
- You've ever had to walk into the bar with a first aid kit and ask an unsuspecting stranger to cut a hook out of you in exchange for a few beers. (I'll never forget the look on that guy's face!)
- You're not sure what day it is but you when the majors are
- You're out to dinner/at work/wherever and you find yourself saying "Pressure's dropping. Wind turned around to the South, got a pretty good front moving in." and spend the next hour thinking of all the spots you'd be hitting right now if you were on the water.
ToddM
Posted 7/1/2022 4:20 PM (#1008370 - in reply to #1008341)

If there's 18" Icicles hanging off your trolling rods.
If you have to shovel your boat and vehicle out of the parking lot.
If you walked into the Rhinelander culver's looking like you peed your.pants.because you were just in a blizzard on George lake and the snow melted off your coat and into your.pants.
It's 730 on a Sunday night you are.still at rollie and helens after fishing all weekend, you have to be at work Monday and you won't be home for at least 7hrs.
OH Musky
Posted 7/1/2022 8:40 PM (#1008379 - in reply to #1008341)

You got to work wearing fishing shirts and/or hats even after being told the CEO/VP will be visiting and company shirts/hats are required.
chuckski
Posted 7/2/2022 10:00 AM (#1008388 - in reply to #1008341)

When I first moved to Colorado (I got here Dec 91) I snuck into the break room at work before break time and called Thorne Brothers to get my order in so it would ship the same day. I start rattling off my order a thousand miles a hour so the boss would not catch me and the voice on the other end goes "Chuck Chuck Chuck slow down man" I had not given him my name yet! And there's no caller id yet in early 92 and if there was it would say Stuart Medical. I ordered so much stuff in a short period of time they knew my voice!
ToddM
Posted 7/2/2022 10:28 AM (#1008390 - in reply to #1008341)

You know what the rat belly is.
You are headed out to some bars Saturday night of a musky show and there's a who's who of 15 musky celebs packed in your suburban.
One of your favorite restaurants let's you do a mid day sleep in their booth.
You don't beat the storm you run up the ruskam in a torrential downpour there's a family looking out the window at you and you wave like it's just a normal day on the water.
Rain runoff current is washing over the tops of your shoes at the ramp.

Ranger
Posted 7/2/2022 11:56 AM (#1008396 - in reply to #1008341)

All these are cold weather fishing....

* You use your emergency paddle to shovel snow out of your boat.
* You keep a shovel and boots in the truck so you can throw sand on the iced-up landing because you're always the last frog out of the water on a cold day/night.
* You arrive geared up so you can spend the night in the boat if necessary.
* You keep your Lindy release gloves with a hand warmer in gallon zip lock bag so you can put them back on after that first fish. Otherwise, they're frozen.
* You don't head to the takeout until your last reel is froze up.
* You cut your finger on a gill plate but it doesn't bleed or even hurt because you're hypothermic.

* You know you're a muskie fisherman if you figure 8 your cream in your coffee.
* You would take your mother-in-law's stinky, yapping Yorkie dog fishing if you could get away with it. (They make great surface baits.)
ghoti
Posted 7/2/2022 12:11 PM (#1008397 - in reply to #1008341)
Subject: RE: You know your a fisherman if...(____)

You get questioned by your boss the next day after calling in sick about your racoon eyes and sun burnt cheeks.
ToddM
Posted 7/2/2022 12:19 PM (#1008399 - in reply to #1008341)

If you have two reels in your coat pocket that you keep switching out when they freeze up.

One side note, I stop using the landing glove when the water gets into the 30's. They aren't water proof and they suck the temperature tight out of your hands. I can see a situation where I could have an issue getting them back off and being in trouble.
kdawg
Posted 7/2/2022 1:11 PM (#1008400 - in reply to #1008399)

When you walk in to your local dept. store and the first place you go is the fishing aisles. Kdawg
7.62xJay
Posted 7/2/2022 1:55 PM (#1008401 - in reply to #1008341)

Quite simply... when you loose sleep over what you caught, or what's to be caught, or what you missed.
North of 8
Posted 7/2/2022 2:14 PM (#1008402 - in reply to #1008401)

For me, I might skip some exercises when at the Y but never skip doing hammer curls because they help my forearms when casting musky rods. When people have asked about why I do those, that is what I tell them. Fishermen just nod, 'yup, those will help'. Others just go, 'really, huh'.
mm3
Posted 7/2/2022 2:17 PM (#1008403 - in reply to #1008402)

When you fish all day, get skunked, and still have fun.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)