Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Potomac Musky camp?

Message Subject: Potomac Musky camp?
curdmudgeon
Posted 1/13/2022 8:25 PM (#1000380)
Subject: Potomac Musky camp?

I have been fishing the upper Potomac on and off since 2007 with some success. I've launched from Dargan Bend, Antietam, Dam 4 Slackwater, Shepherdstown, Williamsport, Four Locks and McCoys Ferry so far.

Here is a photo from a Summer "twin tin" Musky camping trip with a fishing buddy who can no longer make the trip.

I'm aiming to set up a 2-4 day Musky camp in early Feb during the waxing gibbous moon, weather permitting. I camp in areas where a jet motor is not required, right next to the boat ramp! In Winter the campsites are mostly empty with a rare visit from a meth crook or black bear. A big bonfire with Musky fishermen gathered round, drinking, chewing on smoked meat, smoking cigars, would be much more fun.

Send me a PM if interested.

Edited by curdmudgeon 1/13/2022 8:33 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(twintincamp.jpg)

(twintin.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments twintincamp.jpg (187KB - 137 downloads)
Attachments twintin.jpg (187KB - 140 downloads)
Top H2O
Posted 1/14/2022 11:55 AM (#1000402 - in reply to #1000380)
Subject: Re: Potomac Musky camp?

Looks like a cool place to camp. But February weather can be brutal. Have fun.
North of 8
Posted 1/14/2022 12:14 PM (#1000404 - in reply to #1000402)

I just think it is great that the Potomac is clean enough today to support muskies. Back in the early 1970s, I attended Explosive Ordnance Disposal school at Indian Head, right on the Potomac. I was in the Army, but the Navy EOD folks had part of their training in the Potomac. They said the plywood they wore in their masks to simulate night dives was unnecessary, it was so dirty. They had to take decontaminating showers after being in the river to keep from getting sick along with some oral medication. Stunk to high heaven on a hot day. The joke was it was so polluted that Washington wouldn't have had to throw a dollar coin across, he could roll it.
curdmudgeon
Posted 1/14/2022 1:06 PM (#1000407 - in reply to #1000404)

Sometime we get 50/60's for a spell in February. Here is a February 2012 Musky handled by 6'4" Joel. We strapped a 1436 Jon on top of his Honda Accord for this trip and drove 3 hours round trip for a day's fishing. We caught 3 in 30 mins. He moved out of state after hooking up with a very rich sugar momma.

(joel 1feb2012 board.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments joel 1feb2012 board.jpg (70KB - 142 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)