Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ranger 620 service metro area

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ranger 620 service metro area
Musky Face
Posted 4/18/2022 4:43 PM (#1004574)
Subject: Ranger 620 service metro area

Bought a 620 last fall and it's getting some water.in the hull. Wanted to take it to frankie's marine but was told they are only servicing boats purchased from them right now.
So the question that I'm asking is who else does everyone trust to do good work on your ranger boat?
Thanks for the replies and time!
PM if you want
Thanks again!
Mojo1269
Posted 4/18/2022 8:30 PM (#1004584 - in reply to #1004574)
Subject: Re: Ranger 620 service metro area

I have a friend who uses Cabellas in Rogers for his Ranger and he is satisfied with there work. I got mine at Frankies so I go there. In the past I used Rapid for another boat I purchased from them and every time I brought it in it was an adventure as to what was going to get screwed up. I have a hard time envisioning a scenario I'd ever go there again.
kap
Posted 4/19/2022 8:19 AM (#1004599 - in reply to #1004574)

most likely it's plug not sealing. you can bend over and push it by hand
grease it up, or replace it yourself kit is pretty cheap and available at mentioned locations above
Musky Face
Posted 4/19/2022 5:36 PM (#1004632 - in reply to #1004584)

ojo1269 - 4/18/2022 8:30 PM

I have a friend who uses Cabellas in Rogers for his Ranger and he is satisfied with there work. I got mine at Frankies so I go there. In the past I used Rapid for another boat I purchased from them and every time I brought it in it was an adventure as to what was going to get screwed up. I have a hard time envisioning a scenario I'd ever go there again.

Thanks Mojo! I was going to bring it to rapid but was hesitant with there reviews and you said what I wanted to hear. Thank you! Ended up bringing it to cabelas. Thanks again!
Musky Face
Posted 4/19/2022 5:41 PM (#1004633 - in reply to #1004599)

anks though! 4/19/2022 8:19 AM

most likely it's plug not sealing. you can bend over and push it by hand
grease it up, or replace it yourself kit is pretty cheap and available at mentioned locations above

I got a 2011 ranger it has the screw in plug. Thanks though!
MuskyMidget
Posted 6/1/2022 9:36 PM (#1006733 - in reply to #1004574)

Even though my 620 was purchased at Rapid in Ham Lake I have always used Frankie’s. It’s been a few years since it’s been in the shop though.

What really bothered me about Rapid is that they require you to leave the boat there even when they are weeks out. My boat ran fine and just needed something that wasn’t an emergency. So I asked them to just put me in line and call me a few days before and I can bring it right in. Nope. I was told it has to be left or else you don’t get a spot in line.

Hello? Why would I leave an operable boat there for 5 weeks?

I thought maybe I got a bad service rep but tried again with someone else and was told the same thing.

Stupid policy if you ask me.

Midge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)