Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Vermillion New Area

Message Subject: Lake Vermillion New Area
TylerTutt
Posted 8/6/2021 12:55 PM (#982894)
Subject: Lake Vermillion New Area

I am heading up to The V next weekend to fish with a buddy whose folks have a house on Vermillion. They live right on Moccasin Point splitting Big Bay and Frazier. He is a walleye fisherman so doesn't have much for input on where to fish Musky while I'm there. I'm curious if I should head to the East and hit Big Bay or head West and hit Frazier. Haven't heard much in the way of fishing reports or water temps up there recently, so anything helps!

Tight Lines
Kirby Budrow
Posted 8/6/2021 1:10 PM (#982895 - in reply to #982894)
Subject: RE: Lake Vermillion New Area

TylerTutt - 8/6/2021 12:55 PM

I am heading up to The V next weekend to fish with a buddy whose folks have a house on Vermillion. They live right on Moccasin Point splitting Big Bay and Frazier. He is a walleye fisherman so doesn't have much for input on where to fish Musky while I'm there. I'm curious if I should head to the East and hit Big Bay or head West and hit Frazier. Haven't heard much in the way of fishing reports or water temps up there recently, so anything helps!

Tight Lines

There is no right answer. Fish them both.
ToddM
Posted 8/6/2021 3:19 PM (#982898 - in reply to #982894)
Subject: Re: Lake Vermillion New Area

Fish both. There are times the wind will dictate where you go. You have 3 directions from there.
Top H2O
Posted 8/6/2021 4:40 PM (#982901 - in reply to #982898)

Yep... since it's the weekend, prepare to get in line.
Fishboy19
Posted 8/16/2021 3:06 PM (#984126 - in reply to #982894)
Subject: RE: Lake Vermillion New Area

Fishing was brutal the week of August 7-14, on both east and west sides of Vermilion. 22 seasoned musky anglers and only 5 muskies were caught. All muskies were caught during the day. Zero caught at night, or in the morning. Lunar windows meant nothing. 2 group texts were active and no multiple follows or catches were logged close to each other all week (within an hour). Didn't really dial in anything most of the week. Bucktails saw the most action. Good luck.

Other cabins at our resort did real well on bass, walleye, bluegill and crappie.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 8/16/2021 3:33 PM (#984129 - in reply to #982894)

Yup pretty standard again, tell your friends.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)