Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> A dark question

Message Subject: A dark question
tmag
Posted 3/16/2021 8:25 PM (#977002 - in reply to #976774)
Subject: RE: A dark question

Brian Hoffies - 3/11/2021 4:52 PM

When any of us die here will we be mentioned in the obits in the basement? Ever wonder what the internet guru's will say about you? Maybe a better question....will we even be missed?

I actually think this is an interesting question considering a somewhat recent experience I had...

Some years back, I was talkin' with a guy that I met on here about buying some baits. He had emailed me some pics. Then he kinda went silent. I redirected on here, and for a couple of years, he talked about some health problems. It didn't sound good.

Then, I didn't get any response on here, either.

Eventually, I did an internet search and, sure enough, I found his obit. I removed the messages from my Outbox.

So, Brian, yeah, I miss some the guys that aren't around but, I also agree with what some of the others are saying: nobody gets out alive.

When I really got into musky fishing in earnest, Esox Angler had just started up, Pastikas was still around and had just received new ownership, Rollie & Helen were still both around, Jack Burns, Tony Rizzo, Jack Cobb, Jack Penny... and with the latter three, I had personal interactions & own some of their baits.

Missed, for sure, but also glad for what they brought to the sport.
esox99
Posted 3/18/2021 12:35 PM (#977096 - in reply to #976774)
Subject: Re: A dark question

From John Prine, "Please Don't Bury Me"

Please don't bury me
Down in the cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have 'em cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size
Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just get 'em out of here
Venus de Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the Junkman
And give my love to Rose
mikie
Posted 3/19/2021 6:58 AM (#977130 - in reply to #976774)

Certainly one of the great tragedies of last year: losing JP to the Covid; after all he'd already survived. RIP. m
North of 8
Posted 3/19/2021 7:10 AM (#977131 - in reply to #977130)

mikie - 3/19/2021 6:58 AM

Certainly one of the great tragedies of last year: losing JP to the Covid; after all he'd already survived. RIP. m

He did live long enough to see a whole new generation of artists learn to appreciate his music and record covers. In particular younger female artists, but also guys like Jason Isbell. Angel from Montgomery is going to keep being recorded for decades.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)