Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Vermilion Resort

Message Subject: Lake Vermilion Resort
Handy1
Posted 4/6/2021 8:56 AM (#977720)
Subject: Lake Vermilion Resort

Any recommendations of place to stay on Lake Vermilion for musky fishing this coming summer?
IAJustin
Posted 4/6/2021 9:06 AM (#977721 - in reply to #977720)
Subject: Re: Lake Vermilion Resort

My recommendation is start calling because open weeks are going to be limited ...lots of good resorts on V, but if you're thinking July or August I bet most are full.. give Spring Bay or VDL a call unless you know you want to fish east side?

*Edit: Also since its your first post welcome! There is a summer MuskieFirst outing on V every year as well, others on this board could give you info on that if you have interest to meet other members that post here?

Edited by IAJustin 4/6/2021 9:13 AM
Handy1
Posted 4/6/2021 9:17 AM (#977722 - in reply to #977720)

Thank you IAJustin. I found some openings on west, central, and far east of lake and was leaning more towards central part of lake being my first time to Vermilion.
IAJustin
Posted 4/6/2021 9:35 AM (#977723 - in reply to #977722)

If you want central and can get into Vermilion Dam Lodge do that! I'd strongly suggest getting a guide if you've never been on the lake
ToddM
Posted 4/6/2021 1:43 PM (#977727 - in reply to #977720)

All the resorts are great. It's about finding a resort that fits your needs. big water, small water, how big is your boat who is comfortable in waves what species of fish interests you, what town if any do you want to be close to for going out if you want to. No bad choices just best choice for your needs. I found glenwood lodge great because I didn't want big water and needed some action for pike and bass. It offered the best guarentee for my late 80's grandfather, my mom and kids to get out fishing. I stayed at a resort on big bay once and could get out one day during the vacation. Very limited where we could go all other days.

To get the best answers would be to list your needs but you will sti get everyone's normal answer anyway.

Edited by ToddM 4/6/2021 1:46 PM
sworrall
Posted 4/6/2021 3:06 PM (#977728 - in reply to #977720)

The outing is on the Spring Bay website. It is now a Spring Bay Resort outing officially, but a lot of the regulars here attend. Here's a link: https://springbayresort.com/sport-shows/

Scroll to bottom of that page. It's a great deal, some cool meals are included, and you could win a free say at Spring Bay for the next outing.
TCESOX
Posted 4/6/2021 4:55 PM (#977730 - in reply to #977720)

Just one block south of Spring Bay, is White Eagle. Used to stay there a lot when Mike and Bonnie ran the place. Turned it over to their kids a while back. I'm sure they take care of you just as well, since they grew up at the resort.
Handy1
Posted 4/6/2021 9:48 PM (#977733 - in reply to #977720)

Thank you for all the recommendations. Muskego Point came through for us. Ty everyone!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)