Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Mille lacs management plan

Message Subject: Mille lacs management plan
The_Commodore
Posted 3/3/2021 9:18 PM (#976390)
Subject: Mille lacs management plan

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but I saw the MN DNR has posted it's mille lacs management plan. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/millelacslake/community-conversations.ht...

Page 12, objective 3c discusses the muskie portion. "The MN DNR received little input about muskellunge during the input process, suggesting general satisfaction with the status quo." I was surprised to see that. I assume Muskies Inc and the Minnesota Muskie Alliance was aware of this input process, but perhaps I'm wrong or just don't have the details. I thought it was at least worth posting about for awareness if it hasn't already been brought up.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 3/3/2021 9:45 PM (#976391 - in reply to #976390)
Subject: Re: Mille lacs management plan

I hadn’t heard of a public comment period for Mille lacs specifically so I didn’t comment obviously. I would have had I known. I don’t even fish there but I want to see every lake in MN thrive. Sometimes comment periods aren’t well communicated either.
The_Commodore
Posted 3/3/2021 10:16 PM (#976396 - in reply to #976391)

I should correct myself. It appears to be a draft of their plan. And it looks like you can still submit feedback via attending the meeting or completing a survey in that link above.
Rob C
Posted 3/3/2021 11:38 PM (#976400 - in reply to #976390)

Thanks for the heads up on this, I made sure to give them my input. Hopefully we will see more stocking in the near future!
Masqui-ninja
Posted 3/4/2021 7:18 AM (#976405 - in reply to #976390)

I gave very specific input about the need for increased stocking of muskellunge in Mille Lacs. Thanks for posting this.

This line surprises me as well, time to voice our opinions.
"The MN DNR received little input about muskellunge during the input process, suggesting general satisfaction with the status quo. Continue to stock muskellunge at the current rate (3,000 fall fingerlings every other year)."

Edited by Masqui-ninja 3/4/2021 7:24 AM
Brian Hoffies
Posted 3/4/2021 7:50 AM (#976407 - in reply to #976405)

For stocking information you need to contact GLIFWC, the Mn DNR follows their guidelines in all things Mille Lacs.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)