Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Angry dragon / chatterbait

Message Subject: Angry dragon / chatterbait
Muskyrookie
Posted 2/9/2021 6:41 PM (#975040)
Subject: Angry dragon / chatterbait

I've been thinking about picking a couple of these up. 1 rubber skirt and 1 flash skirt. For those of you that have tried these what are you're thoughts on them? What sizes have you tried? Single vs double hook? Good hookup rate? What rod weight are you throwing them on? Are the components strong enough to take the abuse? I've always wondered about the line tie being sturdy. Thanks in advance
Fishn'goon
Posted 2/9/2021 7:02 PM (#975041 - in reply to #975040)
Subject: Re: Angry dragon / chatterbait

I have a 13" angry dragon flash that I got at the beginning of the 2020 season. I didn't use it as much as I didn't have much confidence in it yet but I think it will do good things, got a few follows only with one about 47" that didn't take it. Now the pull on the lure is not very strong, to me, I compare it to maybe a double 8 bucktail but with mad vibration so whatever rod you like for those. The two hooks could be upsized to a 7/0 and the wire is the standard .051. It's very versatile as it could be used as a pull and pause or even as an alternative to bucktails on pressured water which I find very useful when fishing pressured metro waters. I even use it like a dozer as I saw Robby use on Today's Angler because there are three wire sections connected by split rings so I take off the head section and put it on a swimbait or whatever. You could also downsize it by taking the middle section out on a long dragon. The only thing that I'm worried about is how much it would swing around during head shakes with the free-swinging sections.
pstrombe
Posted 2/9/2021 7:10 PM (#975042 - in reply to #975040)

I have three 1 oz chatter baits (not angry dragon) and have used them on a number of occasions and moved fish but never got a hook up. They do a pretty good job of going over shallow submerged weeds but in my opinion are not very versatile. You basically get one retrieve; slow and steady. hard to speed up although you can pause and allow it to fall into weed pockets. I have done very well with them on SM bass but not so much with musky. I have a friend who loves them and tosses 3/4 oz black and red on a regular basis. In my experience the frog pattern has moved the most fish. IMO anything a chatterbait can a properly sized bucktail can probably do better. Good Luck
Bigbucks1985
Posted 2/10/2021 7:13 PM (#975096 - in reply to #975042)

I throw angry dragon shorts a lot. Awesome baits that pee muskies off!
bbeaupre
Posted 2/11/2021 2:23 PM (#975119 - in reply to #975040)
Subject: RE: Angry dragon / chatterbait

I've used them a few times during the early part of the season. Scored some dandy smallmouths on them, no muskies as yet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)