Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Chaos tackle surgical strike vs Tackle Industries MH

Message Subject: Chaos tackle surgical strike vs Tackle Industries MH
Pa Tigers n trout
Posted 1/22/2021 6:45 AM (#974134)
Subject: Chaos tackle surgical strike vs Tackle Industries MH

I am between buying the medium heavy from one of these two brands, but I was wondering if anybody on here had experience with either or maybe even both rods? Thanks!
huntandfish1017
Posted 1/23/2021 1:36 PM (#974224 - in reply to #974134)
Subject: RE: Chaos tackle surgical strike vs Tackle Industries MH

I used the chaos 20/20 rod all of last season and loved it. I haven't used the TI rods, but ive heard good things.
mikie
Posted 1/23/2021 3:01 PM (#974229 - in reply to #974134)
Subject: Re: Chaos tackle surgical strike vs Tackle Industries MH

I have an older model TI MH 9 ft two piece rod. Split grip. I really like it, lightweight compared to what I was using. Not sure they make that one any more, tho. m
sworrall
Posted 1/25/2021 9:51 AM (#974332 - in reply to #974134)

I use TI and Vexan muskie rods, great rods at a great price from a great company.
North of 8
Posted 1/25/2021 10:37 AM (#974335 - in reply to #974332)

I have two TI Rods, a 7'6" for walk the dogs, heavy glide baits and a 9' telescoping XXH for big rubber. Both have are very good rods. Going to the 9' XXH for big rubber was a huge upgrade from 8'6" XH I had been using. And a very good price (bought the 9' on Memorial Day and TI donated a rod to a veterans group for each rod sold that day).
Pa Tigers n trout
Posted 1/25/2021 11:08 AM (#974339 - in reply to #974335)

Decided on buying the assault stick original and pairing it up with a 300 tranx. I picked the chaos tackle because I had a guy say the TI blanks were sort of soft in terms of backbone, which isn't really what I was looking for. This rod will be used for everything from jigs and plastics to gliders. I just needed versatility to throw downsized presentations. In the future, I plan on getting a telescopic TI, unless the chaos tackle knocks my socks off. Thanks to all who replied!
sworrall
Posted 1/25/2021 11:42 AM (#974341 - in reply to #974134)

Just for the record, I have not found any of my TI or Vexan Big Game rods to be 'soft in terms of backbone'. I have a number of Okuma rods, some Tooth Tamers, and some ABUs. None are soft in terms of backbone but the actions do vary a bit from one builder to another.

My favorite rod for spinnerbaits, topwater, gliders, cranks, and smaller bucktails is a 4-year-old TI 7'6" MH. I use a spinning rod to throw creatures.
Pa Tigers n trout
Posted 1/25/2021 12:09 PM (#974345 - in reply to #974341)

I plan on getting a dedicated creature rod at some point, but currently I have a penn fierce II that I can throw that sort of stuff on if I do not like the feeling of the baitcaster for that sort of fishing. What rods and reels would you specifically recommend for creatures, Steve?
sworrall
Posted 1/25/2021 3:46 PM (#974358 - in reply to #974134)

I use MH to H 7' bass rods for the most part. My favorite is a Vexan In Shore, followed by a one of a kind Okuma prototype made years ago.

The Vexan:
VI70MH-S Spinning, 7’

Line Rating: MONO: 10#-20# BRAID 20#-40#
Rod Power: Medium Heavy
Rod Action: Fast
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 3/4 oz.

The reel is an ABU with a large spool reasonably high speed retrieve like this one:
https://www.scheels.com/p/abu-garcia-orra-s-spinning-30-reel/0362826...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)