Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie Cabin flooring

Message Subject: Muskie Cabin flooring
R/T
Posted 12/18/2020 9:56 AM (#972754)
Subject: Muskie Cabin flooring

Not directly about muskie fishing but many of you are living in the north and would ask if I could have your opinions.

Getting ready to build the retirement home on a muskie lake this spring. I lived up north in the early 90s in a ranch on a slab with heated floors. Heated with a boiler which is the same plan for the new place. Back then the kitchen and baths had I believe vinyl sheet on the floors and carpeting in the rest of the 1,100 square foot home. I remember we had to use a special type of pad under the carpet.

For the new place we will not be going with carpeting and I was actually thinking of luxury vinyl tile. Some of these are approved for heated floors. Hoping not to have to go with stone or ceramic tile as I feel these may be too hard on my knees. The LVT I am currently considering has a thin rubber type mesh on the back.

My question is has anyone used LVT in a heated slab and if so how did it go? Any other suggestions based on the above?

Thank you.
14ledo81
Posted 12/18/2020 10:14 AM (#972756 - in reply to #972754)
Subject: Re: Muskie Cabin flooring

I think you will be fine.

The main concern with floor covering over in-slab heat is its insulation value. In-floor still works even with carpet/pad. LVT should be less of an insulator than that.
North of 8
Posted 12/18/2020 10:30 AM (#972757 - in reply to #972756)
Subject: Re: Muskie Cabin flooring

The home we built for retirement 6 years ago has in floor heat in the lower level. The only covering not recommended was real wood. The bedrooms have carpet, the family room has laminate with an attached pad. Heavy black plastic under everything. Works fine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)