Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Melton Hill, TN

Message Subject: Melton Hill, TN
Dafterzip
Posted 10/27/2020 6:20 AM (#968429)
Subject: Melton Hill, TN

I am heading south to social distance and do a bit of fishing. The weather down there looks too good to pass. I will arrive 6 November and stay at the campground at the lake for a week. Wondering and hoping someone would share a bit of advice on the lake and lure choice for this time of year.it would also be great to have some idea of what my expectations should be, is a fish a day realistic or one or two for the week?
Thanks,
Zip
Ivegotafever
Posted 10/27/2020 8:18 PM (#968461 - in reply to #968429)
Subject: RE: Melton Hill, TN

I fished with Steven for a day in March. While we got skunked due to a nasty cold front, the guy knows his stuff. Hopefully his fishing report can help you put the puzzle together. Good luck!

https://www.tennesseemuskyfishing.com/post/melton-hill-muskie-fishin...
Dafterzip
Posted 10/29/2020 6:10 AM (#968504 - in reply to #968429)
Subject: RE: Melton Hill, TN

Thanks for the help.
Z
true tiger tamer
Posted 10/29/2020 2:55 PM (#968521 - in reply to #968429)
Subject: Re: Melton Hill, TN

If the power plant at Bull Run is generating, you need to think summertime type baits, bucktails, topwaters, cranks etc. If not jerks, jigs, big rubber. In the past there were a lot of car break-ins, so try to leave valuables in a safe locked place, or out of sight from prying eyes. I had my license plate stolen off my car while it was sitting in a parking area, while I fished the steam plant warmwater discharge. Good luck.
mikie
Posted 10/29/2020 6:25 PM (#968529 - in reply to #968521)

The locals rig up trouts. m
Dafterzip
Posted 11/9/2020 2:12 PM (#968774 - in reply to #968429)

Well 3 days on the water and have not seen a fish. I have tried deep, shallow, slow, fast, large bait's small bait's. The heat has been oppressive compared to the U.P. got to 79 today. Each day has been no wind and bluebird skies. The water temperature is between 59 and 65. I am reluctant to fish after dark as there's a lot of logs floating in the main channel. I hope tomorrow evenings weather change helps but I am not even sure where on the water to position myself when the front moves in.
miket55
Posted 11/9/2020 10:02 PM (#968779 - in reply to #968429)

The warm weather's shut down the fishing here pretty much as it did the third week in September up north. I won't be able to get out there until Friday. I'm assuming you're down at the lower end of the lake. All I can offer is find the largest coves between the old reactor (on the left as you head upstream)and the second bridge (by the aforementioned steam plant).. Scope each out while dragging something like a 10" jake nice and slow, then throw swimbaits, and gliders along the trees, don't ignore the open water, then on to the next. Carp and shad are the preferred forage. I'll bet you noticed a pretty pronounced current in the channel due to the drawdown of Norris Lake, and the almost constant flow of cold water. I'd be willing to bet there are no skis out there.

Good luck in these tough conditions, and sorry I didn't see this earlier..

Edited by miket55 11/9/2020 10:11 PM
mikie
Posted 11/10/2020 7:01 AM (#968784 - in reply to #968779)

Go North to Kentucky. Green River, Cave Run, Buckhorn are not so far from you. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)