Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Shamineau

Message Subject: Lake Shamineau
Justin A-Strike
Posted 9/14/2020 10:24 AM (#966211)
Subject: Lake Shamineau

Does anyone in here have any info they would be willing to share about this lake? We just bought a cabin on this lake and fished it for the first time last weekend. We only raised 4 all weekend and one was from our dock. lol So far I have only seen cabbage weeds in one shallow location. Lots of deep water structure that sure looks good but we just caught tons of pike and bass. I did get a bonus 20" smally though on a pacemaker.

Any advise to help the learning curve before fall is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Clark A
Posted 9/14/2020 7:58 PM (#966237 - in reply to #966211)
Subject: Re: Lake Shamineau

Relatively an easy lake to fish that has a good population. Fish the breaks with suckers in the next few weeks or go to Alex and do the same with the crowds.
Clark A
Posted 9/14/2020 8:05 PM (#966239 - in reply to #966211)

Sorry, but your comment of only 4 follows! You obviously don't fish Mille Lacs, Vermilion, or Wisconsin. My friend has a place at Auger's for years and has never caught a Smallmouth. We heard that there were some, so you are doing great from the get go. Hopefully your cabin doesn't have water damage or is close to the lake that keeps on getting larger.
Justin A-Strike
Posted 9/15/2020 12:02 AM (#966246 - in reply to #966239)

Clark A - 9/14/2020 8:05 PM

Sorry, but your comment of only 4 follows! You obviously don't fish Mille Lacs, Vermilion, or Wisconsin. My friend has a place at Auger's for years and has never caught a Smallmouth. We heard that there were some, so you are doing great from the get go. Hopefully your cabin doesn't have water damage or is close to the lake that keeps on getting larger.

I have fished Mille Lacs many times. Not in the last 10-15 years but before that we saw plenty of fish. I have heard it has gone down hill since. Never been on the big V. We had many 3 fish days on Deer Lake in WI before it was speared to death. I guess I have been spoiled when fishing was good. lol I know its been tough for many people this year. I feel like we logged a lot of hours for 4 follows though when one was off the dock casting a bass spinner bait. lol The only thing I figured out was the pike and the main lake follows were relating to bait fish in 18-19 feet of water off the end of underwater points with a shear wall of weeds. We tried some shallow cabbage weeds and saw nothing. Slow rolling spinner baits down deep got all the action.
Justin A-Strike
Posted 9/15/2020 12:06 AM (#966247 - in reply to #966237)

Clark A - 9/14/2020 7:58 PM

Relatively an easy lake to fish that has a good population. Fish the breaks with suckers in the next few weeks or go to Alex and do the same with the crowds.

Its funny, my first musky ever was on a sucker when I was 6 years old. I have not used live bait since. I am stubborn that way I guess. Im REALLY hoping this lake has a shallow jig bite in the late fall. Thats my cup a tea!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)