Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> recarpet cost?

Reply New post
Message Subject: recarpet cost?
BMuskyX
Posted 8/6/2020 9:57 PM (#965028)
Subject: recarpet cost?

Roughly how much wold it cost to recarpet a 16.5 foot deep V? Obviously there could be hidden cost if I find repairs are needed, I'm just curious what supplies may cost...carpet, glue, stainless staples, etc. Just a ballpark figure!

Jaimy
mikie
Posted 8/7/2020 6:46 AM (#965030 - in reply to #965028)
Subject: Re: recarpet cost?

Sounds like you will do this yourself? So much of the price depends on the quality of he materials you will buy. What outlets have you ck'ed so far - Overtons, Cabelas, BPS?
I've found a good source of DYI restoration information at:
http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118

When I did mine, I got all the stuff at a local marine shop then hired a home carpet installer to put it in since they had all the tools and a lot more know how. good luck, m

ps - just a thought. A buddy of mine has a boat with carpet that will hang a treble hook and never let it go. When you choose the pile for your carpeting, consider that a hook may contact it. See if you can get a sample at best to see how it works for you. m

Edited by mikie 8/7/2020 6:53 AM
RLSea
Posted 8/7/2020 10:44 PM (#965045 - in reply to #965028)

If you are not committed to carpet, there are a number of alternatives that I plan to look at when my carpet gives out. Many guides, among others, prefer marine mat or sheet material. Check out Sea Deck, Hydroturf, or Ocean Grip (which has 3M pressure sensitive adhesive backing). Also Tuff Coat is a roll on Acrylic Urethane coating that comes in gallon cans made for boat decking. I have no personal experience with any of these products, but I plan to do a little research when the time comes.
jlb66
Posted 8/8/2020 5:57 PM (#965059 - in reply to #965028)

Aquatraction is another one to look very closely at, just had my front and back deck done in it and I love it!! Going to do the cockpit floor next for sure!
BMuskyX
Posted 8/8/2020 9:54 PM (#965061 - in reply to #965028)

Thanks for responses, I'm just starting to look into it. Trying to decide if I want to sell the boat before things get too bad or hang on to it and redo it.

Jaimy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)