Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Evinrude Plan B?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Evinrude Plan B?
MuskyMidget
Posted 6/23/2020 7:52 PM (#962627 - in reply to #960644)
Subject: Re: Evinrude Plan B?

Yep. Based on what I have seen/know about snowmobiles I will never buy anything but a Ski Doo. There’s a reason they have 40+% market share in that space.
tolle141
Posted 6/24/2020 11:54 PM (#962661 - in reply to #962619)
Subject: RE: Evinrude Plan B?

Windy City - 6/23/2020 5:41 PM
The boats with Evinrudes on the back have been de-valued no matter what anyone thinks. There can be some "fans" out there but unless it's the deal of a century no one is going to touch em. I can't blame anyone from feeling this way.

Personally I think the Ghost will be just that, an apparition.

The fresh water market is tiny compared to the coast or saltwater market. After the way BRP dumped on what was a growing E-tech customer base, very few people would drink the Kool-Aide on some "new and improved" yet unproven idea.

I hope everyone in Sturtevant can quickly seek gainful and prosperous employment, given the situation at hand.

I personally will stay away from all things BRP in the future.

Nailed it. Given what they just did to their loyal customers, it wouldn't surprise me if BRP leadership just pulled the plug altogether.
madmurph
Posted 7/4/2020 9:23 AM (#963005 - in reply to #960644)

To answer the original question.....I have been totally pleased with my Etec and have not had any problems since buying new. This is however, only my second year running it. I would not have purchased another one after this because I figured they would no longer be manufacturing them sooner rather than later. We obviously know that is now the case.

I would have no problems whatsoever running any of the other motors on the market today. My guess is that if given the choice, I will end up with either a Yamaha because of reliability or a Mercury because of the large number of dealers. I always buy new and shop for boat first and motor second. If the boat I am looking at isn't available with a certain motor, I guess that will kind of make the decision for me.

Being an oddball in the musky world and running a bassboat will also leave Honda and Suzuki out of decision making process for the most part as many of the bassboat manufacturers don't offer these as an option.
horsehunter
Posted 7/4/2020 10:19 AM (#963010 - in reply to #960644)

BRP opens new plant in Mexico to build off road vehicles will CanAm become MEX
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)