Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Revo Toro Beast update this year?

Message Subject: Revo Toro Beast update this year?
Cedar
Posted 6/25/2019 9:03 AM (#941294)
Subject: Revo Toro Beast update this year?

Over the past several months I've heard some rumblings here and there about Abu Garcia updating/revising (or whatever you want to call it) the Revo Toro Beast this year. I've also noticed some inventory clearance sales on this model which can also indicate an upcoming model change. It may be just the typical rumor mill, but thought I'd check to see if anyone here, that may have any inside info, might be able to confirm, deny, or shed a little light on this? Just curious. Thanks.
muskyhunter07
Posted 6/25/2019 12:36 PM (#941309 - in reply to #941294)
Subject: Re: Revo Toro Beast update this year?

I use 4 of these reels, I haven't heard anything yet. But if I do I'll report it.
Cedar
Posted 7/8/2019 3:12 PM (#941948 - in reply to #941294)
Subject: RE: Revo Toro Beast update this year?

I came across this info a few days ago. The new Revo Toro T3 Beast is supposed to be available this September in 60/61 size, but no word on what is going on with the 50/51 size, or the Revo Toro S which is either being dropped or revised. Hopefully we'll see after the start of ICAST tomorrow. The new RT T3 Beast 60 looks like AG may have taken the current Revo Toro S frame/side plates, painted them matte black like the Revo Beast 40, and put in the guts of the current RT Beast. Tackle Direct has them on their site for pre-order now for $299 retail, opposed to the $399 retail of the current model. There is also a new Revo Beast 40 X with 6.4:1 gears that will be available in September. This will retail for $179. If it is even close to the current Beast 40 performance wise, this should be a good bang for your buck. I really like the Beast 40 for small to mid-size Musky baits.
monsterlures
Posted 7/12/2019 1:05 PM (#942241 - in reply to #941294)

When comparing the T2 and T3 Toro Beast using the specs on tackledirect, it aplears that, besides the color difference, the only differences are that the T3 has less bearings (8 vs 5) and a cheaper price.

Im guessing that AG wanted to produce something cheaper to compete directly with the Tranx 400
monsterlures
Posted 7/13/2019 1:42 AM (#942294 - in reply to #941294)

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_Garcia_REVO_Toro_Rocket_Casting_...

the revo TORO rocket also gets a T3 version this year, unfortunatly for the lefty guys, no 61 version.
monsterlures
Posted 10/21/2019 1:45 PM (#948587 - in reply to #941294)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loh9AhMvYc4

Bit of an update, apparently the line drag has been revised on the T3 Revo TORO lineup, curious to see if that will result in any noticeable casting distance improvement.
happy hooker
Posted 10/22/2019 2:38 PM (#948645 - in reply to #948587)

Don't know the tech or engineering info
But do know alot of hardcore in the know guys,,and the word is,,get a current beast model now because the new ones will be cheaper made.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)